Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

I've not seen the (non) penalty at Forest, but Wolves certainly don't seem to be getting the rub of the green generally with these VAR decisions. That goal at Liverpool, Pope, the Leeds goal the other week, and now this. That new manager will definitely feel something is up :lol:

Would have been very soft, hand on shoulder, legs buckle. Seen them given though

It's strange a huge city like Sheffield having two teams pretty much the same size, you could argue either way, but neither really doing anything these past 30 years. Rarely in the top flight, or just hanging on if they are, and both having spells in the 3rd tier.

You'd think either could be ripe for the next significant takeover, but while it'll obviously never happen, (and shouldn't), if they merged and became 'Sheffield City' they could be quite the force. Having two of pretty much the same stature, but not really massive, kind of holds both back.

I wouldn't mind Sheff U back in the top flight. They are harmless enough at the moment, and I think it's quite good to have more bigger city teams in the top flight, and they are at least Northern.

Edited by Paullow

Watching the BT Sport score thing. The woman who seems to be dressed as the Joker/a Bruiser Bar is absolutely horrendous. Merson is a good orator in comparison. More erms and awkward pauses than a Charlotte Hope True Faith monologue.