Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Cardiff 2 Swansea 2. This match is pretty much always on TV, or at least moved to 12.30 for crowd reasons if not selected. They probably will have, but not sure I've ever seen it be a normal 3pm KO before.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Arsenal 4 Leeds 1

Xhaka

Yep - Leeds learning the hard way you can’t sit with ten men behind the ball like they did against us when playing arsenal as they’ll just rip you apart.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Notts County likely to finish on around 106 points and still not win the league. :lol:

Should be a rule where if there's a Play-Offs but the team at the top of that pile is a certain number of points ahead (especially 20 plus points) the Play-Offs are scrapped and they just get given the promotion spot. 

This season is just another example of why there should be 2 automatic promotions and then playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Liverpool losing and Brighton not winning were my main two hopes today (not too fussed about Fulham, but guess it's not a bad thing them losing). One is in the books, and the other is not looking likely, so aye, happy as it stands.

Would have preferred Carlisle to win their big match on a personal note being a Tynedale lad, but they've just fallen behind to Orient (who are now down to 10), but obviously irrelevant to most Newcastle fans.

I’d like to see Carlisle to go up. They seem to be fucking it up though.

I’m rather surprised how not arsed people are about them when they are just as close to us as Boro, especially when you have people on here who like to keep an eye on the fortunes of Harrogate and York.

Just now, 54 said:

This season is just another example of why there should be 2 automatic promotions and then playoffs.

Thought for a while but Skybet League 3. It's almost fully professional anyway, just extend the EFL and start the non-league ladder at National League North/South level.