Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think Smith-Rowe will eventually take Xhaka's place as one of the 8s. Similar to how Man City use DeBruyne and Silva in those positions, it will eventually be Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

Have to admit that right now I have no idea where he'll fit eventually, but that's a decent shout. I think he's going to be canny versatile too which will be another string. Got all the makings of being their best player in the coming years imo, which is a canny compliment.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

16 minutes ago, madras said:

So you wouldn't want someone else winning it playing the way Arsenal did at the start of the season just for a change ?

I don’t really care, but I definitely don’t prefer Arsenal. I could watch Man City play all day and the way they evolve is amazing. 

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fair about Vieira. Not even certain who Smith Rowe's direct competition would be, probably Odegaard I think. Though he has played on the left, so Martinelli and now Trossard maybe? Think he'll end up an Odegaard rather than a Martinelli though. He is brilliant like. 

Can play a few places, but I just get this weird vibe with the way Arteta talks about him, could be nothing of course but still. If he leaves we should be all over it 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t really care, but I definitely don’t prefer Arsenal. I could watch Man City play all day and the way they evolve is amazing. 

Think Arsenal have played the best football in the league this season, with multiple players having great seasons. In Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard they are on the verge of having three players with double figure goals and assists. Man City have largely been the Haaland show this season.

Even if they don't win it this year, Arsenal have had the most impressive year this season, when you look at how Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard have developed as young players and achieved what they have. It's been really impressive.

Man City on the other hand signed the best goal scorer in the world for a fee that was a snip for them and despite selling three key players in Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko are going to coast to another title. Yay! So exciting!

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Can play a few places, but I just get this weird vibe with the way Arteta talks about him, could be nothing of course but still. If he leaves we should be all over it 

Arteta brought him through initially and was playing him loads but the injury stop and starts have been awful and so they are now bringing him back in very slowly from what I understand.

Just now, KaKa said:

Arteta brought him through initially and was playing him loads but the injury stop and starts have been awful and so they are now bringing him back in very slowly from what I understand.

Yeah that’s what I thought initially, but a fair few of their fans seem to think that it’s something deeper, some odd ish comments from him, general lack of using him even in games like west ham. Could he fuck all, maybe hopium on my part. I’m a big fan of him 

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yeah that’s what I thought initially, but a fair few of their fans seem to think that it’s something deeper, some odd ish comments from him, general lack of using him even in games like west ham. Could he fuck all, maybe hopium on my part. I’m a big fan of him 

Ah, interesting. If there's any issues there we should absolutely be all over that, I agree.

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think Smith-Rowe will eventually take Xhaka's place as one of the 8s. Similar to how Man City use DeBruyne and Silva in those positions, it will eventually be Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

He seems so far down the pecking order though.  

That Vieira signing looks odd atm.  So so light weight and weak. 

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think Arsenal have played the best football in the league this season, with multiple players having great seasons. In Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard they are on the verge of having three players with double figure goals and assists. Man City have largely been the Haaland show this season.

Even if they don't win it this year, Arsenal have had the most impressive year this season, when you look at how Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard have developed as young players and achieved what they have. It's been really impressive.

Man City on the other hand signed the best goal scorer in the world for a fee that was a snip for them and despite selling three key players in Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko are going to coast to another title. Yay! So exciting!

Odd post bro. 

1) city have continued the evolution of their squad with tactical masterclasses by Pep. He’s converting wingers to center mids and defenders to midfielders and rewriting the rule books on formations in and out of possession. 

2) while arsenal have been truly outstanding this season, they had a lead on the title and are losing the grasp. That’s on them. (Same as its on us if we don’t make CL)

3) man city aren’t the Haaland show. They create either sitters for him or he scores worldies. That’s what football is about. The creation or the finish or both. Don’t undermine it. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just prefer Man City.  

I would like variety maybe if it was someone genuinely new winning it. Arsenal winning it wouldn’t please me at all. 

I don’t mind who wins it. But I’m not by going to sit here and blame one or the other. Watching a hungry pack of wolves chase the title like city are and could do is what Football and sport is all about. This match on Wednesday is going to be amazing!

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Odd post bro. 

1) city have continued the evolution of their squad with tactical masterclasses by Pep. He’s converting wingers to center mids and defenders to midfielders and rewriting the rule books on formations in and out of possession. 

2) while arsenal have been truly outstanding this season, they had a lead on the title and are losing the grasp. That’s on them. (Same as its on us if we don’t make CL)

3) man city aren’t the Haaland show. They create either sitters for him or he scores worldies. That’s what football is about. The creation or the finish or both. Don’t undermine it. 

In my opinion Arsenal have played the best football this season and have had more stand out players.

The most exciting thing about Man City has been Haaland and what he is doing. Outside of that, nothing else has really grabbed my attention tbh. Even DeBruyne has had his ups and downs.

There's a reason why the whole narrative of whether they are worse with Haaland was going round, even though I didn't necessarily agree with that point. 

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don’t mind who wins it. But I’m not by going to sit here and blame one or the other. Watching a hungry pack of wolves chase the title like city are and could do is what Football and sport is all about. This match on Wednesday is going to be amazing!

Man City can afford to hardly play the likes of Foden and Kalvin Philips who would be star players on almost every other team in the league, and could casually sell the likes of Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling to their rivals in the league. 

At this point I'm just not particularly impressed by anything they are doing. They have the best manager, best goal scorer, best midfielder, best defender, best squad of players ... so, yeah, it doesn't really move me one bit.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man City can afford to hardly play the likes of Foden and Kalvin Philips who would be star players on almost every other team in the league, and could casually sell the likes of Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling to their rivals in the league. 

At this point I'm just not particularly impressed by anything they are doing. They have the best manager, best goal scorer, best midfielder, best defender, best squad of players ... so, yeah, it doesn't really move me one bit.

I'm not sure about the best manager bit, the rest aye.

3 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The fans who left would have missed two goals and got back in time to see them fail to win. Karma. 

Reminds me of this story. Leeds were losing 0-2 at home to Oxford in the cup in 94 and fans began to leave, hearing Leeds scored two late goals, some came back, only for Oxford to win 2-3 in extra-time.

Edited by Wolfcastle

15 hours ago, Paullow said:

We possibly would have had more chance of finishing 3rd, but I just can't see MU finishing lower than 4th after that win over Forest, and the difference between finishing 3rd and 4th is very minimal. Their next 3 league games are Spurs, Villa and Brighton and I'd prefer them to win or draw all of those, so it's actually possibly better for us that they are out of Europe and after this weekend, win or lose, they can fully focus on those league matches.

Hadn’t thought of it that way. Surprised they are thought of as such a sure thing with those games coming up. 

I would have preferred to see Arsenal win it given they went for a young manager like Arteta and in turn he revolutionised their squad/playing style. That said, throwing it away when you’re 2-0 at West Ham and at

home to Southampton then you don’t deserve it. 

People are talking about next Wednesday being crucial and it obviously is but St James is absolutely the last place Arsenal will want to come particularly after last season. I’d back us again with a radged up St James. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie