Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

It seems that more and more goalkeepers are getting caught out when trying to play it out from the back. Ramsey last night,De Gea In the week. Nick Pope looks very unsure of himself at times with the ball at his feet and so does Pickford who always sees like he'd prefer to just get rid of it up the field. Pep got rid of England's number one keeper because of his inability to play it out from the back.

How times have changed from when keepers got the ball, bounced it a couple of times and hoofed it up the pitch

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Pep is easily the best manager in the world. 

He's certainly changed the way the game is played at the top level. 

My hesitation is that he's only managed Barca, Bayern and Man City.

If I was a proper neutral fan I think I’d want Arsenal to win it. If I had a proper grudge against a club that would affect it as well but I don’t really care about either club. I always view things from the perspective of what’s best for us and I genuinely don’t know if it’s better for us either way so I don’t really care

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Who’s a better manager ?

How do you quantify it ? Am I a better racing driver than you if I keep beating you in the latest Ferrari and you're in a Ford Mondeo ?

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

He's certainly changed the way the game is played at the top level. 

My hesitation is that he's only managed Barca, Bayern and Man City.

Realistically that’s the only way to do what he’s done though, and it’s still very easy to fail at those clubs. 

3 hours ago, jackyboy said:

It seems that more and more goalkeepers are getting caught out when trying to play it out from the back. Ramsey last night,De Gea In the week. Nick Pope looks very unsure of himself at times with the ball at his feet and so does Pickford who always sees like he'd prefer to just get rid of it up the field. Pep got rid of England's number one keeper because of his inability to play it out from the back.

How times have changed from when keepers got the ball, bounced it a couple of times and hoofed it up the pitch

Will probably revert to it at some point 🙂 Probably targeting full backs.

19 minutes ago, madras said:

How do you quantify it ? Am I a better racing driver than you if I keep beating you in the latest Ferrari and you're in a Ford Mondeo ?

Well no you said you don’t necessarily agree he’s the best manager, I just wondered who you thought was better? Not a loaded question in anyway.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well no you said you don’t necessarily agree he’s the best manager, I just wondered who you thought was better? Not a loaded question in anyway.

That's what I meant about how do you quantify it. 

Pep was dominant at Bayern in the league for 3 years. I love Carlo but he didn't even last 18 months in Munich - the league level wasn't there.

The best race car drivers - eventually drive for the best teams so it's a mute point.

Every manager has their little kinks. Klopp needs a youngish and hard working team - Carlo doesn't. Carlo doesn't win back to back league titles - Pep has done that maybe 4x in his career. Pep -  can overly focus on opposition - Klopp does Klopp.

Watching the J-League on YouTube, and I'm glad it's not just English officials that are utter shite. Just seen a horrendous VAR offside reversal that makes Isak's against Liverpool look blatant :lol:

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Pep was dominant at Bayern in the league for 3 years. I love Carlo but he didn't even last 18 months in Munich - the league level wasn't there.

The best race car drivers - eventually drive for the best teams so it's a mute point.

Every manager has their little kinks. Klopp needs a youngish and hard working team - Carlo doesn't. Carlo doesn't win back to back league titles - Pep has done that maybe 4x in his career. Pep -  can overly focus on opposition - Klopp does Klopp.

Yeap, certain managers are good at different formats.  League Vs knockout which is probably due to the mindset of how they approach and prepare.