Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Arsenal couldn't have had worse preparation for the City game with those last 3 results like. Blowing a 2 goal lead twice and drawing with the side bottom of the table. Man City would have put 6 past Southampton tonight, the difference is massive and I fully expect City to win the title by a good few points. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Arsenal couldn't have had worse preparation for the City game with those last 3 results like. Blowing a 2 goal lead twice and drawing with the side bottom of the table. Man City would have put 6 past Southampton tonight, the difference is massive and I fully expect City to win the title by a good few points. 

You're right that the difference is big, but I don't think it's as clear cut as that. This could very well be Arsenal's dip, same as we had around the cup final. They're better than this and are still well in this fight

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Weirdos begging for the club who've won the league 5 out of the last 6 seasons to win it again.

Think a lot of people look at City as a neutral evil, like their titles don’t really count. As someone else said it’s more about laughing at the loser rather than cheering on the winner. 

I know very few City fans whereas I know lots of fans of the other big six. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Weirdos begging for the club who've won the league 5 out of the last 6 seasons to win it again.

On flip side, imagine wanting a set of supporters who think other teams turning up and trying to play against them is cheating, who whinge for and about everything, who feel hard done by because for the last 20 years they have only won the FA Cup, checks notes, 6 times, and hounded out a manager who literally made them to win it.

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Said it before, but I want City to win every year until it's our turn. Nee cunt care about them.

I've loads of friends and family who support Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Don't want them to win owt.

This , Man City are harmless and have stopped the likes of Man United , Liverpool and now Arsenal winning the title , they also stopped the mackems winning the league cup ,not sure why anyone would dislike them really .

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

On flip side, imagine wanting a set of supporters who think other teams turning up and trying to play against them is cheating, who whinge for and about everything, who feel hard done by because for the last 20 years they have only won the FA Cup, checks notes, 6 times, and hounded out a manager who literally made them to win it.

That'd be like us saying the Ashley era was a success because we stayed in the Premier League totally forgetting all the times we challenged for the Premier League and were in the Champions League. 

Even if I agreed with all of that as a uniquely Arsenal fan problem, which I don't really, I'd take that all day over a club with fans who aren't even there to do any of those things in the first place. All while they're winning. 

That's before getting onto everything else that's shit and boring about Man City, Guardiola's football, FFP shirking, and horrific owners (as are ours)

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

This , Man City are harmless and have stopped the likes of Man United , Liverpool and now Arsenal winning the title , not sure why anyone would dislike them really .

Might be Stockholm syndrome but they were institutions based on years of history and success. City was just some billionaire pointing at a random place on a map and saying "yeah I'll have that". I'll never be on board. 

Just now, Astroblack said:

Might be Stockholm syndrome but they were institutions based on years of history and success. City was just some billionaire pointing at a random place on a map and saying "yeah I'll have that". I'll never be on board. 

We are literally going to end up doing what Man City did though .

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We are literally going to end up doing what Man City did though .

If anyone was gonna get the City money, it should have been us, Villa, Spurs, Everton, hell, even West Ham would have been easier to stomach. 

Ours feels a little more organic. We didn't go out and buy Robinho day one. 

Edited by Astroblack

5 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Different people want different things. Shocked.

Never got this like. Of course they do, but it's hardly a reason to avoid disagreeing with each other, talking about it, or taking the piss out of each other is it?

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Even if I agreed with all of that as a uniquely Arsenal fan problem, which I don't really, I'd take that all day over a club with fans who aren't even there to do any of those things in the first place. All while they're winning. 

That's before getting onto everything else that's shit and boring about Man City, Guardiola's football, FFP shirking, and horrific owners (as are ours)

Man City had a core group of 30k fans in what is now League One.

Aye ok their stadium might be a big for them right now, but you can’t say a large amount of their fans who turn up aren’t true fans.

You also have to remember that until 10 years ago, they all could have easily supported the likes of Man Utd, and even Liverpool due to proximity.

They stuck by their club and are seeing the rewards.

Well I'm in the ABC camp - anyone but City. 

Apart from the concerns about the legitimacy of how it's been achieved, their primary objective from day one has been to completely kill off all competition and establish a monopoly. Things have moved steadily in that direction over the last 10 years, and I can't believe that people want another Bayern or PSG.

Man City had a core group of 30k fans in what is now League One.

Aye ok their stadium might be a big for them right now, but you can’t say a large amount of their fans who turn up aren’t true fans.

You also have to remember that until 10 years ago, they all could have easily supported the likes of Man Utd, and even Liverpool due to proximity.

They stuck by their club and are seeing the rewards.

It's obv the huge swathes who don't turn up/walk out that I'm on about like.

10 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

This , Man City are harmless and have stopped the likes of Man United , Liverpool and now Arsenal winning the title , they also stopped the mackems winning the league cup ,not sure why anyone would dislike them really .

Guarantee this won't be the group opinion once their machines are locking us out of titles on a regular basis. It's really dangerous for them to become this absolute behemoth imo, will be so much harder to compete with in the future. No matter how much investment we have we'll always be seasons behind. A more open league in general is a great thing for us personally as Newcastle, but also just better from an entertainment perspective. 1 team smashing it every single time is just shit

When Liverpool lost the title 08/09 I was actually upset, but that 2012 Aguero winner was a dagger to the heart because I grew up watching the Premier League and winning it was massive obstacle. What City are doing is an absolute joke. Was actually on Man United's side on that one because their success was organic.