Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Guarantee this won't be the group opinion once their machines are locking us out of titles on a regular basis. It's really dangerous for them to become this absolute behemoth imo, will be so much harder to compete with in the future. No matter how much investment we have we'll always be seasons behind. A more open league in general is a great thing for us personally as Newcastle, but also just better from an entertainment perspective. 1 team smashing it every single time is just shit

It’s only whilst they have Pep that they are this good though, they won stuff before he turned up but were never this dominant . Once he leaves they will lose that extra bit of magic that makes them so much better than everyone else.

If anyone would like to join me in camp “I don’t care who wins I just want to see people suffer”, I’ll take all comers. 

Best case scenario for me is probably an Arsenal title win, but only after city take the lead and then shit the bed against Leicester or someone equally as shit. 

Of course this is only after it’s mathematically impossible for us to win the league. Until then I want them both to lose. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s only whilst they have Pep that they are this good though, they won stuff before he turned up but were never this dominant . Once he leaves they will lose that extra bit of magic that makes them so much better than everyone else.

Genuinely hope you're right.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Genuinely hope you're right.

I actually think Arsenal winning the league would be worse for us . I believe they are having a sort of fluke season that they are unlikely to repeat again next season . If they were to win the league it would only make them stronger and harder for us to compete with next season.

10 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

What’s up with Smith Rowe? I’d take him here if they don’t want him 

Not a chance they'd sell him imo. Hes mint. He was injured for ages but think he's likely back to fullish fitness given what I remember. Going to be hard for him to get in now though given everyone else's performances thus far. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Pep won’t leave City until he’s done with club football. 

Everything is setup perfectly for him at City. He could be there for another 7 years.  

Not sure, was all perfectly setup for him at Barcelona as well, the players he had, the club he loved , living in Spain, yet he still left them .

Objectively, it’s better for Arsenal to win the league, but it’s points on a spectrum. If it wasn’t for new money clubs, arsenal would just be bigger and richer than everyone else. 

subjectively, I lived with an Arsenal fan who got on my nerves so much so thinking of him when they don’t win is a blessing. Also realpolitik city are out in front in terms of clubs to haul in, we’re better off with success being pooled by one club. 

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Not a chance they'd sell him imo. Hes mint. He was injured for ages but think he's likely back to fullish fitness given what I remember. Going to be hard for him to get in now though given everyone else's performances thus far. 

Can’t even get minutes over Veira though and he’s god awful. I’d be expecting him to get some playing time. Love him as a player 

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Not sure, was all perfectly setup for him at Barcelona as well, the players he had, the club he loved , living in Spain, yet he still left them .

No. Barcelona is a political beast. IIRC the people he works with at City got sacked from there. And there’s tons of pressure all the time.  Bad seasons are genuine crisis.  And the funds aren’t unlimited. The President is influential.  Barcelona is an institution first and foremost. 

City all his people run that club. The pressure is much less from the club and in the media. Similar situation at Bayern, it’s an institution with its own world and politics that Pep has to deal with. Pep runs City via proxy. The culture is as he defines it. The owners are silent from a football perspective. I don’t know of any non Pep people at the club. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s why I love Man City, because of Pep and his incredible style. I couldn’t ever dislike them winning the league when they’re playing this well. 

So you wouldn't want someone else winning it playing the way Arsenal did at the start of the season just for a change ?

Don't people feel like Arsenal winning would have meant anything is possible, just a little bit?

Like maybe we could have a great run in a few years and win it too?

This Man City thing is just so awful man. It's starting to become the frickin Bundesliga. Like what is the actual point ...

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

We will beat Arsenal in a couple of weeks.

They are done. I even mentioned after the double collapse with the two nil leads that it would affect them in the match today. I just saw it coming.

16 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

I don't feel strongly either way but the way Arteta went on towards the end of our game leans me towards wanting City to win it.

Wanted Eddie to knock that little nonce out so much. 

9 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Can’t even get minutes over Veira though and he’s god awful. I’d be expecting him to get some playing time. Love him as a player 

Fair about Vieira. Not even certain who Smith Rowe's direct competition would be, probably Odegaard I think. Though he has played on the left, so Martinelli and now Trossard maybe? Think he'll end up an Odegaard rather than a Martinelli though. He is brilliant like. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

They are done. I even mentioned after the double collapse with the two nil leads that it would affect them in the match today. I just saw it coming.

I quite agree. I do think Man City will definitely drop points in a game (or two), but I really have the feeling we will do Arsenal at home.

Weirdly more confident for that game than I am for Everton away next week :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more frail looking player than Fabio Vieira.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fair about Vieira. Not even certain who Smith Rowe's direct competition would be, probably Odegaard I think. Though he has played on the left, so Martinelli and now Trossard maybe? Think he'll end up an Odegaard rather than a Martinelli though. He is brilliant like. 

Think Smith-Rowe will eventually take Xhaka's place as one of the 8s. Similar to how Man City use DeBruyne and Silva in those positions, it will eventually be Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.