Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

His attitude is exemplary, like. Probably the biggest single reason we are where we are. 

I don’t disagree.

So much could have gone wrong and so much went right. Eddie being the biggest part of that. 

Howay the fucking lads. 

38 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Had the pleasure of being in Prague to watch this on a stag do, the table directly adjacent happened to be all mackems, one of which was a spurs fan.  Couldn't have went any better :lol:

Fantastic. I remember watching the Martins 3-2 in Amsterdam with a Spurs fan. One of my favourite football memories and I'm sure that one will be for you as well. 

45 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Had the pleasure of being in Prague to watch this on a stag do, the table directly adjacent happened to be all mackems, one of which was a spurs fan.  Couldn't have went any better :lol:

lots of bitter comments, false facts?

30 minutes ago, huss9 said:

lots of bitter comments, false facts?

Surprisingly, the 2 I spoke to, including the Spurs fan weren't bad.  They took the standing on their table and chanting pretty well despite being clearly gutted. 

More than I can say for the mackems who were on our flight, but I'll leave that out as it sounds very 'mag on a horse'. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Surprisingly, the 2 I spoke to, including the Spurs fan weren't bad.  They took the standing on their table and chanting pretty well despite being clearly gutted. 

More than I can say for the mackems who were on our flight, but I'll leave that out as it sounds very 'mag on a horse'. 

first one does sound rather harsh.

second one..... howay do tell.

Edited by huss9

:lol: final whistle went and our table was already being stood on, as I say it was all took in jest and they were sound. 

Just 2 on the plane being complete arseholes.  Clearly steaming shouting, swearing, one of them telling each of his mates individually  'them jardies fuckin stink' while ironically wearing the same blue Adidas hoodie we'd seen him in a few times over the weekend. Standing in the aisle making sure everyone heard him say 'I fuckin hate jaarrdies me' and waiting for a laugh.  Just obnoxious and pretty embarrassing for anyone around them really. 

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

:lol: final whistle went and our table was already being stood on, as I say it was all took in jest and they were sound. 

Just 2 on the plane being complete arseholes.  Clearly steaming shouting, swearing, one of them telling each of his mates individually  'them jardies fuckin stink' while ironically wearing the same blue Adidas hoodie we'd seen him in a few times over the weekend. Standing in the aisle making sure everyone heard him say 'I fuckin hate jaarrdies me' and waiting for a laugh.  Just obnoxious and pretty embarrassing for anyone around them really. 

That’s what you get if you fly from sunderland airport. 

17 hours ago, huss9 said:

The article doesn't mention him, but our best hitter of the long ball over the top is just back from injury. If this is a tactic we're going to be using, I wonder how proactive Eddie will be in getting him back into the team.

Liverpool's goal of the season so far came from a clearance from their goalkeeper, so there's no shame in this tactic.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

The article doesn't mention him, but our best hitter of the long ball over the top is just back from injury. If this is a tactic we're going to be using, I wonder how proactive Eddie will be in getting him back into the team.

Liverpool's goal of the season so far came from a clearance from their goalkeeper, so there's no shame in this tactic.

I'd assume, and I'm no Eddie Howe, that long passes from the defence to the opposition final third will just be another string to the bow. As it were. 

We've got nippy forwards, so why not.

Ultimately the way we're playing, very "on the front foot", demands a whole range of ways to break through opposition barriers. 

As for the long ball itself, there's never been any shame in it at all. Very much the opposite. 

The negativity attached to it is from managers/teams who do fuck all else. Furthermore when they do, do it, they mainly fuck it up. 

Nice, long precision pass > hoofball

Edited by Groundhog63

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'd assume, and I'm no Eddie Howe, that long passes from the defence to the opposition final third will just be another string to the bow. As it were. 

We've got nippy forwards, so why not.

Ultimately the way we're playing, very "on the front foot", demands a whole range of ways to break through opposition barriers. 

As for the long ball itself, there's never been any shame in it at all. Very much the opposite. 

The negativity attached to it is from managers/teams who do fuck all else. Furthermore when they do, do it, they mainly fuck it up. 

Nice, long precision pass > hoofball

I can't remember which analyst/statto was going on about it.  But the long pass or channel ball.  Is actually a good way for us to set up our counter press, as well.  

I don't think it is purely 'percentage football' and just hitting an area and then resetting our shape once we have a bit of time to do so, or from a goal kick or throw or anything like that.  More that we will look to exploit that space in behind with one of the front 3 and if we aren't retaining possession.  It is a launchpad for us to get players in their half, press and try and win the ball back.  

I don't see it as some sort of sand in the corners, TURN 'EM ROUND, Allardyce type football.