Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not just before the teams came out they weren't

It’s just an extremely small gesture to our clubs owners- nothing to get irate about whatsoever. Can’t imagine the tannoy announcement had an impact on Eddies team talk, or that it weakened the team

mentality. It’s a little cringey as others have said, but so what? 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

JLA referring to Trippier holding the width and Miggy playing as "effectively a center forward". I hadn't thought of it in those terms, and was expecting him to say "inside right". Maybe that's me showing my age.

Anyway, over the years, its often been said on here that Miggy is best at #10. With the lopsided formation we have now, perhaps he's ended up doing something very close to that. In the first half against Villa, he noticably roamed over to the left a couple of times.

It's a subject for another thread, but if Miggy is producing, it does affect the priorities for any spending in January. High level DM to free Bruno? 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yeah that's what I said I thought it was cringe

But so what? What difference does it make? It’s just light hearted. I don’t understand why you seem to be saying it shouldn’t have happened, that’s all. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Best match cam yet. The bit where Miggy scores is sublime footage. You feel like you are on the pitch with them.

Fantastic stuff.  The Eddie and Wor Miggy flags, a few rainbow flags mixed in with the sea of black & white, lovely goal celebrations, Miggy and Eales hugging after the game.  Love everything about our club these days.  After 14 years, a club that tries . . .

That's mental that some are  offended that the owners attended the game on their wedding anniversary, and the club felt it was nice to wish them a happy anniversary.

Like it fucking matters, I applauded.

Wor Mandy deserves it.

9 hours ago, STM said:

Best match cam yet. The bit where Miggy scores is sublime footage. You feel like you are on the pitch with them.

The close-up celebrations after every goal brought tears to my eyes, like, so much positivity. Add to that Jacob Murphy still absolutely buzzing when heading back into the dressing room ("COME AANNN!!" to nobody in particular[emoji38]) and a few shots of a very tidy blonde in the stands. Absolutely the best match cam. I can't get enough of this.

On 30/10/2022 at 22:06, huss9 said:

dickheads on barrack road after the game again.

this time it was clearly our fans starting it.

and not just a few chavvy kids either.

grown men ffs.

Wonder if it is owt to do with the new black bull. Seems to attract a few of the excitable element when I've went past before the game

18 hours ago, Stottie said:

JLA referring to Trippier holding the width and Miggy playing as "effectively a center forward". I hadn't thought of it in those terms, and was expecting him to say "inside right". Maybe that's me showing my age.

Anyway, over the years, its often been said on here that Miggy is best at #10. With the lopsided formation we have now, perhaps he's ended up doing something very close to that. In the first half against Villa, he noticably roamed over to the left a couple of times.

It's a subject for another thread, but if Miggy is producing, it does affect the priorities for any spending in January. High level DM to free Bruno? 

I've been wondering how we fit ASM and Isak in, is it ever Bruno and Jo as a two and then ASM - Isak - Miggy behind Wilson?

I'm loathe to change the formation that's doing so well at the moment though, there's no reason to mix everything up until we stop absolutely hammering teams I suppose.

My suspicion is he will rotate Wilson and Isak until one is performing better. We have seen with Target on the bench Howe can be quite brutal. The alternative is Almiron but only if his form drops significantly. I would like to see if Howe can play both at same time but I'm also not sure the setup will change while it's working. 

17 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

That pair can do whatever they like as far as I'm concerned.  Love them both.

They can have a live sex show celebration in the centre circle for their 12th anniversary for all I care, providing we're in Europe.

28 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

My suspicion is he will rotate Wilson and Isak until one is performing better. We have seen with Target on the bench Howe can be quite brutal. The alternative is Almiron but only if his form drops significantly. I would like to see if Howe can play both at same time but I'm also not sure the setup will change while it's working. 

I think he'll throw Maxi into this rotation. Some games where Isak plays left with Wilson up top.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

17 hours ago, STM said:

I love it, seems like they’ve got a new second camera person who’s always perfectly in focus.

One of them sometimes doesn’t even frame the players properly when they get close.