Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

He's earned a helpful nick off a flailing stud, like, if it was any help at all. Just to have the gumption to take it on when there was only half a chance says everything about the player right now. Little fucking legend that he is.

2 hours ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

"Made a very average team look much better than they are." was my favourite :memelol:

Footy forum fuckwittery. Talked to a few Villa fans pre and post game and they seem to think we are good and going places, over rated their team a bit but loved Newcastle as a place.

Got to say it was a good day, early start with a few mates, good atmosphere in the pubs, few Villa fans to chat to. Great game that just makes you feel good, then more pubs with more friends some who I hadn't seen in  a while and some Villa fans telling about how Newcastle is the only away they'll make a weekend of as they love the place that much even though SJP is for them like Anfield is for us.

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

dickheads on barrack road after the game again.

this time it was clearly our fans starting it.

and not just a few chavvy kids either.

grown men ffs.

Hopefully it's not a new thing that will be repeated. Scousers have issues up here and with the Villa stuff of late, fingers crossed its just because it was those. No probs in town with Villa fans. Rosies was full with them before mid day.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

grown men ffs.

I hate this kind of stuff (and I followed the Toon in the seventies).  My proudest boast is that away fans are made welcome here.  I have loads of opposition fans as genuine friends and we still keep in touch.  We need to stop this carry on if true.

Aye it’s shite that. As someone else said, I love reading of away fans coming up here and having a good time (game aside), being surprised that they are able to drink in any bar in the city centre with no hassle.

Shame we aren’t afforded the same elsewhere, Man Utd pubs asking for tickets the other week before letting in. 

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

grown men ffs.

Might have been our fans staring it against Everton too. Some claims a few of our lot were waiting for Everton fans after the game and we’re throwing missiles towards their coaches

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's why I can't abide by the whole 'such and such fans are cunts', because it's people like that, who are nothing like me and the people I know that they're thinking of. Therefore the same applies with other clubs.

Yeah I get that but some clubs fans, travelling or at home do have reputations that they've earned. Its a minority, the majority being great but some places have a larger minority of dickheads than others.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah I get that but some clubs fans, travelling or at home do have reputations that they've earned. Its a minority, the majority being great but some places have a larger minority of dickheads than others.

Don't tarnish with the same brush is all I'm saying really. My step-grandad is one of the best people I've ever known and he was a Liverpool fan, who I know you have opinions on.

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't tarnish with the same brush is all I'm saying really. My step-grandad is one of the best people I've ever known and he was a Liverpool fan, who I know you have opinions on.

Naturally I don't think they are to a man 100% wrong'uns, but years of experience has taught me to be more wary of them than others. 

Hanging out my arse after the NFL yesterday.  But I'm still on a high after this and this hangover won't kill my vibe. 

I only found out I was going on Thursday afternoon, as I had exhausted all other options I had tried for tickets.  My mate I went with hasn't been to a home games since the Benitez days.  I think it was the 3-1 against Southampton, when Perez scored a hat trick and we both went.  So a long old time ago! 

Even though it was decent under Rafa.  He couldn't believe how much better the atmosphere was and how loud it got at times.  As where we sit in the Leazes has often been flat as fuck over the years.  The football we play helps and Wor Flags deserve most of the credit.  Really does help set the tone and get everyone buying in before kick off.  

Second half was pure X rated stuff.  Got mates messaging me saying how good we look and they seem genuinely pleased that we are no longer utter shite :lol:  Loads of Miggy fans round these parts!  Most are actually pretty supportive, understand Howe is doing a great job and not just putting it down to money.  Let's see how long the niceness lasts............. 

23 hours ago, joeyt said:

I did think the stadium announcement just before the players came out that it was Stavely's 11th wedding anniversary was a bit weird

Why? The modus operandi is this is one big family now. Thought it was a nice gesture.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Why? The modus operandi is this is one big family now. Thought it was a nice gesture.

All things considered, I can't complain about Mehrdad calling in that small favour...

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Are we going to do it every year for them? :lol: birthdays as well? I thought it was proper cringe 

20 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Are we going to do it every year for them? :lol: birthdays as well? I thought it was proper cringe 

I’d imagine if it falls on a match day they might 🤷🏼‍♂️ Don’t let it concern you too much as the announcement wasn’t aimed at you after all. Let’s not make the world anymore miserable than it needs to be 🙂 

22 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’d imagine if it falls on a match day they might 🤷🏼‍♂️ Don’t let it concern you too much as the announcement wasn’t aimed at you after all. Let’s not make the world anymore miserable than it needs to be 🙂 

The announcement was made to the whole stadium which I was in 🤷