Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They really going with this ‘Big 7’ thing huh? 

One thing that doesn’t get much mention. We’ve finished 4th and not lost any of the best performers.  Not even been close. Leicester finished in the top 6 - 3 times? But lost star players nearly every time. 

It's weird, we have so few "sellable assets" for other top clubs.

Bruno is the obvious one, but he's still only getting started here, and seems to be loving it here. Plus his price tag would be astromonical.

Joelinton maybe? But I bet he's still seen as an expensive striker flop that has had a purple patch as a midfielder by many other top clubs.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They really going with this ‘Big 7’ thing huh? 

One thing that doesn’t get much mention. We’ve finished 4th and not lost any of the best performers.  Not even been close. Leicester finished in the top 6 - 3 times? But lost star players nearly every time. 

It's not really a mystery why is it? :lol:

You're owned by a state who are willing to pour billions into your club. You can only go up. 

Discounting those we've just signed, Pope, Botman, Willock, Bruno, Joelinton, Isak and Wilson would all be legitimate buys for Champions League or title-chasing squads. What's good is that we're a lot higher up the food chain now than we were a couple of years ago so there's fewer teams to be afraid of.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're owned by a state who are willing to pour billions into your club. You can only go up. 

The tag would actually be legit if this was actually the case. 

The deck is stacked against us. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Discounting those we've just signed, Pope, Botman, Willock, Bruno, Joelinton, Isak and Wilson would all be legitimate buys for Champions League or title-chasing squads. What's good is that we're a lot higher up the food chain now than we were a couple of years ago so there's fewer teams to be afraid of.

I was thinking of this earlier, actually it might become harder and harder to sell your best players due to a lack of viable buyers. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

People miss the point of what the “big 6” is. It’s not just the best 6 teams or richest teams, they’re a voting block that work as one in premier league meetings, and conspire together for things like project big picture and the ESL. Newcastle being good or rich isn’t enough to become part of the gang. My hope is that we never become one of them in that regard, but I expect we will.

If we wanted to sell or the players wanted to leave. It would be easy.  

Chelsea would snap up Isak for 80-90m for sure. But because we don’t want to sell, he doesn’t want to leave and his contract is long we’d need a PL transfer record fee to entertain it. 

City would spend a good £70m-80m on Bruno but we’d want £100m. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I like Spurs attack even without Kane. Think it’s still Better than ours (first choice anyway). 

I think they'll have a decent season, I'm just saying they probably can't be considered a reliable part of the CL race for now. 

If they're have a few good seasons they can be back in the club :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think they'll have a decent season, I'm just saying they probably can't be considered a reliable part of the CL race for now. 

If they're have a few good seasons they can be back in the club :lol:

It’s the defence for me.  Weak.  

But I think If they get some momentum they could finish top 4. Or close.  West Ham have challenged with less. 

I’ve been watching/reading quite a number of season predictions and the general narrative is that we will struggle with the extra CL games. 

However lots of them have Villa and Brighton having amazing seasons with out a single mention of their European games :lol:

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

I’ve been watching/reading quite a number of season predictions and the general narrative is that we will struggle with the extra CL games. 

However lots of them have Villa and Brighton having amazing seasons with out a single mention of their European games :lol:

I'd expect us to be at full strength or near to for our group games. I dont think we would need that to play Austria Vienna or Rosenborg.

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

And what is your point as well?

It's all in the luck of the draw.  

My point is that their former owner is clearly corrupt as fuck and it tallies in with their decades of easy draws. 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Think they are getting some new owners/investment in next couple of weeks. Think that’s what I heard.

That has been the case for about a year now. Kenwright has been stringing along supporters with promise that the financial situation will be fixed when these mystery new investors come in and they never do. If they exist the suspicion is they are waiting to see how fucked the club are by the FFP rule breach investigation. Keep in mind if they can't raise the capital to complete the stadium they will be financially liable for restoring it back to being a dock (which will paradoxically cost way more than just finishing the damn thing at this point, but could theoretically be hard to avoid if say they get relegated. 

9 hours ago, Pilko said:

My point is that their former owner is clearly corrupt as fuck and it tallies in with their decades of easy draws. 

I'm sure Abramovich cared a lot about early round League Cup draws. :lol:

Edited by Pata