Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-ingles/noticia/2023/08/18/aposta-em-cartao-amarelo-iniciou-investigacao-contra-lucas-paqueta-entenda.ghtml?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Esporte&utm_campaign=globoesportecom

The Lucas Paqueta investigation started from a bet on Paquetá's yellow card in West Ham's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, on March 12 in the PL.

The player took the yellow in the 24th minute of the second half. Initial analysis showed that on that day several new accounts were created on Betway, linked with people close to Paqueta, with users depositing the maximum amount allowed.

These accounts made a married bet to increase the winnings: the authors would only receive the money if Paquetá took yellow against Villa and if striker Luiz Henrique, from Betis, received the card against Villarreal, on the same day on March 12.

Not looking great for Paqueta like if true, think Globo is pretty reliable as far as Brazilian things go? Too early to rush to any judgements, but even so 

Edited by Barnes23

23 hours ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Just saw Kane's agent is his brother... ffs. Quick google to compare - Lewandowski's is Pini Zahivi! 

No wonder it's taken so long to break away from Spurs/Levy, and no wonder he's not got his Nike boot deal anymore.

Fair play to him for keeping every penny in the family, and horrible to say but if Kane was with big agent like Raiola/Mendes he'd have played for Madrid/Bayern/Man U when he was 23-28.

It's been a sad reality that agents move players to clubs, and clubs pay the price. I hope we never fall into that trap, and with PIF and MBS behind us I'm confident not. We will always be in a 'F@ck You@ position', FFP or no FFP.

Eh?

Doesn’t our manager share an agent with  all 3 of our domestic first team signings this summer?

Every club has relationships with particular agents. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Said it after the Toney thing but there'll be players everywhere that are shitting it atm. It'll be rife. 

I doubt everyone's colluding with other footballers on card bets, mind. :lol: Jesus Christ.

I feel fairly sorry for any PL footballer (i.e. a young man with more money than they can know what to do with, surrounded by/bombarded with betting culture) getting banned for putting a few accas on. But if that's true about Paqueta then eesh.

If ever a face matched a crime.

Always makes me laugh when he acts all hardman to linesmen when he doesn't get a decision. But if he's done what he's accused of then he really is scum.

Puts Man U in further PR hell with the timing aswell.

Edited by alexf