Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Think it'll look really tidy and smart, but I do think getting themselves into massive debt for a stadium of only 52000 is a bit odd, especially when Goodison has a capacity of 40000.

22 minutes ago, 54 said:

Think it'll look really tidy and smart, but I do think getting themselves into massive debt for a stadium of only 52000 is a bit odd, especially when Goodison has a capacity of 40000.

52k is a lot for the second team in a city of 500k people

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Always makes me massively cringe when people's cringey sext messages are exposed :lol:

I'm old enough to remember our future King telling his slag on the side he loved to sniff her dirty keks 😜

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Goodison is falling apart.  They've got no choice but to move to a new stadium.

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Looks great. Views/seats both close to pitch. Very envious.

Internally I think it looks poor. It’s very 2006 generic German stadium-ish. It just lacks something, I guess Lego Blue never helps either.

Outside the renders look great.

Looks only slightly different to White Hart Lane in the mid to late 90s. Slightly steeper and slightly less panelling at the top of the ends.

To the point, though they have to move from that ship wreck, that's caused infinitely more hassle than has gone into its planning

Exactly the sort of generic park I'd be mortified if we went for.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm 39 and understand the battle he's going through. :lol:

You can tell he's always had that body waiting beneath the surface though. 

To be fair, the fact a lot of professional athletes put on a ton of weight after they retire is actually something that makes a bit of sense. When they were full time professional athletes, their daily intake of calories will have been a fair bit higher than the average, which over the course of a full career you'd imagine would turn into both a habit and a way of life. Then, almost overnight, they're now no longer following the same daily schedule and diet they'd been following pretty much every day the past 15-20 years. Whilst I have no problem believing a person who've dedicated up to two decades of their life to their athletic craft would, in most cases, feel a newfound sense of freedom in their lives and therefore not have too many issues with having called it quits - I have a much harder time believing they can completely alter their lifestyle and diet overnight, meaning they'll most likely end up taking in a similar amount of calories that they did when they were a professional athlete. Don't have to be a math genius to understand that an equation where the calorie intake remain at a similar level as it's always been minus the training routine of a professional athlete eventually will equal the person starting to gain weight :lol: 

That said, I feel ex-footballers that'd been out of the public eye for a while after retiring proceeding to turn up again as a fat mess used to be much more prevalent a decade or so ago, which if I'm correct is a good thing for everyone involved. Seeing someone like Wayne Rooney having lost his way physically that bad after  just a few years as a retired footballer in the 2020s actually annoys me, as even just 10-20 years ago nutritional science was a completely different ballgame than it is today - as well as how even mediocre footballers will have made more than enough money during their career to pay a private trainer and/or nutritionist to assist them during the transitionary period from full-time athlete to "normal" person. 

Cool that more older footballers seem to be still playing international football these days, just saw Dzeko scored for Bosnia, Lewandowski still playing for Poland and Modric still playing for Croatia

Think it's more a thing with smaller nations. Can see all those thinking it's their duty to represent their country for as long as they are playing. Easier to step aside when you are from a powerhouse country and you know someone really good will be replacing you. Litmanen basically played just for Finland during his final years. :lol:

3 hours ago, triggs said:

Cool that more older footballers seem to be still playing international football these days, just saw Dzeko scored for Bosnia, Lewandowski still playing for Poland and Modric still playing for Croatia

Stanley Matthews says "Hi" from the grave, obvs 

19 hours ago, Jack27 said:

things you love to see

Well this is just fantastic, just when it looks like they might have something like a half decent team, they go and fuck it up.