Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Do we have the most same club support from players in our first team squad in the Premier League/in England?

To my knowledge, we have 7;

Gillespie

Burn

Dummett

Longstaff

Longstaff

Murphy

Anderson

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Soccer AM being axed

About time but it was electric back in the day 

Should just keep a 30 min pre-recorded show where they do You Know The Drill, the Pro-Am and the fan volleys IMO. Those bits are good fun, it's the comedy skits and interviews that are painful these days.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Should just keep a 30 min pre-recorded show where they do You Know The Drill, the Pro-Am and the fan volleys IMO. Those bits are good fun, it's the comedy skits and interviews that are painful these days.

Aye I enjoy all them bits

I don't mind Bullard compared to most tbh

Just seen this on Twitter. So far this season...

Favourite win:

Favourite goal 

Who's surprised you most:

Most frustrating:

Best player:

Moment of the season:

I'd go...

Favourite win: Overall I'd say beating Southampton to secure a trip to Wembley. If we're talking league only, Spurs away. It was the first time this season that I thought we could really push the top six.

Goal of the season so far: Has to be Almiron v Fulham.

Who's surprised you most: Almiron, I don't think anyone thought he had a double figure goal return in him. 

Most frustrating: No one has been particularly bad, but Wilson's form has been incredibly frustrating since the World Cup break. 

Best player: There's a few candidates, but Schar has been absolutely outstanding. 

Moment of the season: Probably the pure elation at the full time whistle when we saw of Southampton in the League Cup semi-final.

Favourite win: Tough one tbh, it's very close between quite a few, but I'll go with Forest away just gone. Not winning for a while and winning in the way that we did felt significant and triumphing over adversity - I've been dining on that win for nearly a full week now and kept randmonly celebrating like it was full time for a day or two after.

Favourite goal: Longstaff's 2nd against Southampton. Willock and Joelinton with lovely quick play down the wing, Almiron overlapping, played back to Longstaff in the box. Brilliant, fast football and significantly for me all pre-new ownership players, highlighting the improvements that Howe's made in those players. 

Who's surprised you most: It has to be Almiron, but shout outs to Pope who is miles better than I thought he'd be, Murphy in recent weeks, and on the opposite end of the scale Fraser and Targett who haven't featured like I thought they would this season.

Most frustrating: Wilson, the drop off after the World Cup was almost unbelievable. Shout out to ASM for being constantly injured and never really tearing it up aside from vs Man City. 

Best player: I think Schar has been the most consistently of a high standard, but again other players have played very well fairly consistently: Almiron, Trippier, Bruno, Pope, Joelinton, Botman have all been great. 

Moment of the season: That second goal by Longstaff vs Southampton. I was gobsmacked by how good it was, I haven't seen Newcastle play like that for years. In a way it was where the wave broke at the high watermark, both in that match and the first part of the season. Our form dipped after that, but it hopefully now looks like we're back on track again. 

I'll add a category - Most underrated: Schar and Willock. Schar has been arguably our best player this season, yet is never really mentioned despite Pope, Trippier, Botman, and sometimes Burn and Bruno making it into best PL XIs of this season. Willock is another who might not have been as consistent as Schar has been, but has had some great moments this season, is always important to how we play and is involved in so much of the good football that we play. 

Probably too early for this cos there's still so much that can happen (longestb season ever, like), but my favourite moment is probably Burn's goal against Leicester. Pope penalty heroics vs Leicester coming in at second, aided by having been in attendance with my old man. Cup Final day up to minute 33 was pretty special, too.