Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean by all means beat your lass up and shag under age girls, but for the love of God don't threaten betting companies gigantic profits.

I agree with the point but it’s not as simple as that. He’s getting booked on purpose for betting purposes. It’s potentially altering the course of the game. It’s corruption. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I agree with the point but it’s not as simple as that. He’s getting booked on purpose for betting purposes. It’s potentially altering the course of the game. It’s corruption. 

I know, that's what I'm comparing the other things to.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I know, that's what I'm comparing the other things to.

Fair enough. I just don’t think it’s much to do with the betting companies profits more the fact the game is in disrepute 

I've got no idea why he would do it. Unless it was a blackmail scenario

He could probably afford to give those 60 friends a decent chunk of his wages if they really needed money

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is there a precedent for the stuff Paqueta is supposed to have done? Are we in lifetime ban territory? 

Not sure there's one in football, but a basketball and baseball player have been banned for life recently for betting on their own teams/games

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is there a precedent for the stuff Paqueta is supposed to have done? Are we in lifetime ban territory? 

Closest I can think of is the Sheff Wed scandal in the 60s 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Fair enough. I just don’t think it’s much to do with the betting companies profits more the fact the game is in disrepute 

I disagree, but it's not easy to prove. Without going into a long and boring post anyway. :lol:

12 hours ago, joeyt said:

I've got no idea why he would do it. Unless it was a blackmail scenario

He could probably afford to give those 60 friends a decent chunk of his wages if they really needed money

Remember this at the time, sure theres more after it too

On 19/08/2023 at 05:36, Flip said:

Seems as the bets were placed on an accumulator with another player based from Rio De Janeiro called Luiz Henrique that plays for Betis that also picked up a yellow card in the 89th minute for complaining the same day. He was dropped from the U23 national team because of the same reason.

Both players also picked up a yellow on May 21 against Leeds and Sevilla respectively…

Unless both were threatened with having their families kidnapped and killed (which would be the only half logical thing although more likely they thought because the bets were placed in Brazil they would be fine…), they will both be banned from football. In Brazil there has been similar cases lately with 2 years ban from football given and I think that would be the only fair thing to do although I wouldn’t mind a five year ban for disrespecting the sport. 

Reminds me of the case involving Pakistani cricketers in 2010 against England. 

At least Mohammed Amir had age in his favour in that case

18 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I disagree, but it's not easy to prove. Without going into a long and boring post anyway. :lol:

I mean it obviously is for the bookies and it’ll be pressure from sponsors the FA don’t need but I imagine they are more concerned about the reputation of their game than what bookies may have lost

I'm not sure how some of those shots are physically possible, the ball just lifts off and never stops going up.

2 hours ago, OCK said:

I'm not sure how some of those shots are physically possible, the ball just lifts off and never stops going up.

Which was the tournament with the balloony footballs everyone hated?

Not sure if already posted, but a Norwegian consortium has bought Burton Albion - one of the key people involved being the son of Per Mathias Høgmo (former Norway manager). I need to know the odds on Høgmo being Burton's next manager, because I have a sudden urge to put my house on it :lol: 

8 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Not sure if already posted, but a Norwegian consortium has bought Burton Albion - one of the key people involved being the son of Per Mathias Høgmo (former Norway manager). I need to know the odds on Høgmo being Burton's next manager, because I have a sudden urge to put my house on it :lol: 

66/1 to win the league

18/1 to get promoted

8/1 to finish top 6 

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

66/1 to win the league

18/1 to get promoted

8/1 to finish top 6 

Mats Zuccarello is one of the owners apparently :lol: