Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Crespo's goal for Argentina v Colombia in an Olympic Qualifier in 1996 is worth checking out since he's popped up.

but yeah, Batistuta was better by quite a margin but then again, Owen's in there and there's no Van Basten (or any number of players) so no idea what the criteria is really.

Edited by Jonas

Ruud van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Henry could be in that list. It's a decent talking point of player profiles to compare. Nistelrooy was probably the best off the ball striker of that era, he was astute at finding himself in the right place anticipating play. We could use his lethalness in front of goal. 

Henry, Bergkamp etc aren't 9s tbf, which is what they were asking. I know Owen's not exactly the classic 9, but I get what they're asking with that list, as him and Inzaghi were poachers, but I wouldn't really get it if Henry and Bergkamp were on there. Agree that RVN would make the list and that MVB absolutely should, even if I don't remember him first hand.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Henry, Bergkamp etc aren't 9s tbf, which is what they were asking. I know Owen's not exactly the classic 9, but I get what they're asking with that list, as him and Inzaghi were poachers, but I wouldn't really get it if Henry and Bergkamp were on there. Agree that RVN would make the list and that MVB absolutely should, even if I don't remember him first hand.

They both played more forward than a winger, though. True, they weren't your classic 9's. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Was going to shout Batigol myself

Would have him instead of Owen.

Consistently brilliant and could do it for any club he played for.

That purple Fiorentina shirt was one of favourite ever birthday presents in the 90s

Edited by toon25

Know a few Man United fans that have been harping on about oil money and state owned stuff for years in regards to Man City and more recently us , funnily enough they aren’t saying much about it now . Just proves how hypocritical football fans are .  The likes of them and the  mackems actually make human rights issues even worse than they are by having the whole faux outrage about it , just because they own a football club they don’t like .

Edited by Geogaddi

Long shot, would anyone have a clean copy of the Newcastle sunset silhouette used on the 90's goalkeeper shirt in digital form?

Had a look around online and surprised one doesn't exist, if even a reworked one.

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Long shot, would anyone have a clean copy of the Newcastle sunset silhouette used on the 90's goalkeeper shirt in digital form?

Had a look around online and surprised one doesn't exist, if even a reworked one.

Thanks in advance!

Are you wanting the actual kit or just the sunset and Tyne bridge? 

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/04/21/the-evolution-of-adidas-goalkeeper-shirts-part-10/

newcastle-united-1996-1997-adidas-goalkeeper-shirt-tyne-bridge-01.thumb.png.cb47d2d779240269a506e51ab905fa32.png

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So I assume they're going to lie through their teeth and claim they're not state owned by the same people who own PSG then? Or are they confident of FIFA/UEFA changing their rules?

The former I think. It could get dicey if one entity owns several teams that play each other. I'm thinking along the lines of "team orders" in formula one.

Enjoyed reading RAWK. They’re as bitter as you can imagine, cry arsing about how the league as a competition is over due to this and our takeover.

Aye, the competition was really exciting prior to this.

47 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Know a few Man United fans that have been harping on about oil money and state owned stuff for years in regards to Man City and more recently us , funnily enough they aren’t saying much about it now . Just proves how hypocritical football fans are .  The likes of them and the  mackems actually make human rights issues even worse than they are by having the whole faux outrage about it , just because they own a football club they don’t like .

The mackems want atrocities to happen in Saudi so that they can take the moral high ground. Weird people.