Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Pod on the Tyne has four thirty minutes interviews recorded with Bobby Robson as he worked on his final autobiography. He’s presumably very ill at the time but as enthusiastic and as bubbly as ever. Definitely worth a listen

I mean I can almost sort of understand the flat out immediate abuse homophobes, but it's the "Why should I care or need to know about his sexuality, very strange" replies it gets that bother me most. You're the one who has gone out of your way to comment on it...

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

I really feel for pro's that have to retire early because of injures. I blew a disc out a few years ago and just not being able to do the things in the gym I use to be able to do had such a heavy impact on my mental health.

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Do the hosts get to put forward a team to participate?

Aye, it's why it's a 7 team thing. One for the champions of each confederation plus the domestic champions from the hosts who play off against the Oceania champions (usually Auckland) in the first game. 

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

USA, Mexico, and Canada will all qualify automatically for the next World Cup as they are all joint hosts.

1 more team from CONCACAF will join them.

I think they already confirmed CONCACAF will get more teams in 2026. 6 in total I believe. 3 auto 3 via qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, number37 said:

Aye, it's why it's a 7 team thing. One for the champions of each confederation plus the domestic champions from the hosts who play off against the Oceania champions (usually Auckland) in the first game. 

So that’s what that Cup a couple of months back was all about?

Ayeee.

“The FIFA Council confirmed that, in line with the long standing tradition of having all hosts competing at the FIFA World Cup, as well as sporting and operational considerations, the hosts of the FIFA World Cup 2026, namely Canada, Mexico and the USA, will qualify automatically for the final round of the competition, with their slots therefore being deducted from the overall allocation of six assigned to CONCACAF,” it said.

“Details will follow in due course regarding the preliminary competitions in all confederations for the FIFA World Cup 2026.”

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

So that’s what that Cup a couple of months back was all about?

I think it's just finished actually, Real Madrid won again, was a bit odd though for the African and Asian qualifying as they weren't sure if/when/where the competition was happening because of the real world cup and the African/Asian champions leagues hadn't finished. 

Everyone would have their own definition of fair though.

Should all season ticket holders get the tickets regardless if they purchased a ticket?

Should it go by season ticket holders/members who went to most home cup games?

In my option they did the best they could.

I think there maybe some sort of rule which states that a certain percentage of tickets should go to those who don’t have a season ticket, hence why the latter stages of allocation happened.