Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Do these fuckers ever give up

Don't see why they would. The misty eyed assertion that 'the fans stopped it' back in Spring 2021 was never helpful, for starters.  Only bad planning stopped it; it's inevitable that there'll be another attempt at a hostile takeover of the governance and structures in European football. 'To be fair' to that lot (not really), the whole shebang is ripe for reform and they're just taking the initiative (just obviously with malicious and entirely self-serving intentions).

38 minutes ago, triggs said:

Mad how keen Real Madrid are to leave the competition that defines their club

The owners have shown that they home no value for their history, how can they celebrate any trophy now when they know they would sell it given the chance

Without reading, I assume this league structure would mean the top clubs get to stay on the gravy train even if they have an off season domestically(like Chelsea and Liverpool this season).

Edited by Kimbo

40 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it's based on performance then I think it's better than the previous closed shop they wanted. 

Surely they'll start it based on that principle and then just flip it back to 'guaranteed' places after the initial furore has died down?

Wasn't there a new rule from the PL to basically stop any PL club from joining another league in any way? 

Not sure of the details but I'm pretty sure no English club will be joining if it goes ahead. 

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Wasn't there a new rule from the PL to basically stop any PL club from joining another league in any way? 

Not sure of the details but I'm pretty sure no English club will be joining if it goes ahead. 

I think it's heard in June, but the preliminary ruling from the ECJ was that UEFA and FIFA could punish clubs breaking away.

A separate tribunal said that this would amount to cartel behaviour and I think they've launched the latest stuff off the back o that. It's the ECJ ruling that matters though.