Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Looking extremely likely that Man Utd will be the next oil takeover as the Qataris have apparently put their bid in, and a Saudi consortium also about to hoy a bid in.

Must admit that them also having Saudi owners makes me a bit nervous for our own future. Would it be compromised? If Man Utd do better than us under a Saudi consortium then would PIF lose interest in us?

22 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Looking extremely likely that Man Utd will be the next oil takeover as the Qataris have apparently put their bid in, and a Saudi consortium also about to hoy a bid in.

Must admit that them also having Saudi owners makes me a bit nervous for our own future. Would it be compromised? If Man Utd do better than us under a Saudi consortium then would PIF lose interest in us?

The Saudi interest in Man-U is reportedly from private investors, so nowt for us to be worried about 

13 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The Saudi interest in Man-U is reportedly from private investors, so nowt for us to be worried about 

Yeah but my point was that if those private investors make a big success of Man Utd, might PIF think that there is no need for SA to own two PL clubs.

I hope that the Qataris get MUFC as it would just intensify the rivalry between the two nations and therefore the two clubs.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah but my point was that if those private investors make a big success of Man Utd, might PIF think that there is no need for SA to own two PL clubs.

I hope that the Qataris get MUFC as it would just intensify the rivalry between the two nations and therefore the two clubs.

Aye, always dreamed of my club becoming a proxy for a rivalry between 2 Middle Eastern states

Personally think it works in our favour, SA won’t want anyone upstaging them from their backyard. Not that I relish us being involved in a dick swinging contest. Just want to enjoy football without all this shit going on but obviously they’re inseparable these days 

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Aye, always dreamed of my club becoming a proxy for a rivalry between 2 Middle Eastern states

Good stuff, cos that's what you are about to get. :lol:

To clarify, I don't want Man U to get an oil takeover at all, but if they do then I don't want it to have any Saudi involvement as that *might* compromise us at some point in the future.

Edited by Wandy

Nope, let them stick with the yanks in some other leveraged bullshit takeover.

Doesn't really bother me in any case, we’re running our own race and the more competitive clubs in the league the more unpredictable it will become.. it feasibly gives several teams the chance of winning something each season

It's not even a question, anyone who saw Ronaldo at his peak is choosing Ronaldo. The only two that you could really have a preference for are Shearer and Shevchenko because Ronaldo wasn't aerially dominant to the extent they were, but overall they and everyone else was nowhere near what Ronaldo was at his peak.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Ronaldo was my favourite footballer all through my youth and then when Messi came along they’ve occupied top spot together. I don’t really remember Adriano that well, was his peak extremely short lived? Got no idea how Larsson or Inzaghi even make that list 

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ronaldo was my favourite footballer all through my youth and then when Messi came along they’ve occupied top spot together. I don’t really remember Adriano that well, was his peak extremely short lived? Got no idea how Larsson or Inzaghi even make that list 

Inzaghi's "tap-in merchant" tag is not entirely without justification, but for the mid-2000's he really did display an otherworldly ability with his timing and finding space. On a list of purely predatory forwards Pippo would deserve a spot but I agree, on a list of with (mostly) more all-around contributing #9s he's an odd one.

Edited by thomas

7 minutes ago, thomas said:

Inzaghi's "tap-in merchant" tag is not entirely without justification, but for the mid-2000's he really did display an otherworldly ability with his timing and finding space. On a list of purely predatory forwards Pippo would deserve a spot but I agree, on a list of with (mostly) more all-around contributing #9s he's an odd one.

Agreed. I actually really liked his game, it’s an enormous skill to read the game like he did but it’s just odd looking at his name against some of those other names