Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

The Spanish FA has announced that it wants to build a "national stadium" for the Spain team. This is a stupid waste - I've always liked how Spain plays its games in stadiums throughout the country, instead of being "owned" by the capital.

1 minute ago, Rozza said:

Not sure where else to post this, but just wondering, what happened to the general chat section of the forum?

Still there under the Home button.

Hope you’re not a Police officer given your username :lol: 

Just now, joeyt said:

I don't think new members can see the Chat section straight away.

Really? 

I take it back if so 

Edited by LV

4 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

The Spanish FA has announced that it wants to build a "national stadium" for the Spain team. This is a stupid waste - I've always liked how Spain plays its games in stadiums throughout the country, instead of being "owned" by the capital.

I still argue that the English FA rebuilding Wembley was a massive waste. Money would have been better off giving clubs grants to get theirs grounds up in order and to help fund some clubs to increase capacity. It would have had a knock on effect for clubs who could have brought more fans in, as well as increasing the amount of venues around the country for England games. Smaller clubs could have used it to make their stadiums or individual stands more up to code.

It makes the situation worse when it’s cheaper and often just as quick for a lot of the country to fly or get a ferry to other countries and watch more ‘elite’ teams for less. Do you want to go and see the likes of Barcelona, either Madrid team, PSG, Benfica, Bayern/Dortmund, and Ajax play, or do you want to pay 3 times as much to watch England piss over Andorra?

Fucking Scotland are on about rebuilding Hampden as well. Just learn the lesson and give up on it.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I remember the name Steggy, feels like it was years and years back that you stopped posting though 

Literally about 10 years ago haha. Still occasionally browse the general chat thread for things like the Ashes/Glastonbury/whatever but was confused to see it was gone!

5 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Should i pay more attention to the general chat section, i never really bother 

In short, yeah absolutely. I feel like you get people’s personalities more over there. And plus, tits. :lol: 

During the Ashley years it was wayyyy better then the Football forum. Recently it has been cannibalized by “Traitors” threads which makes it a bit more quiet but there are still good posts in other threads in there.