Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

3 hours ago, Viana said:

Big fan of Toney saying he thinks something deeper was at play with his ban, then saying he's not too clued up on the ins and outs of the situation :lol:

That to me sounds like he’s insinuating that there are lots of other players doing the same thing but they haven’t been caught but he doesn’t want to say anything because snitches get stitches 

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

That to me sounds like he’s insinuating that there are lots of other players doing the same thing but they haven’t been caught but he doesn’t want to say anything because snitches get stitches 

I get that, but having watched 75% of the interview I think he comes across as a bit of an idiot. 

There's an irony in him laundering his reputation with that absolute charlatan Bartlett, but yeah, even then he plays fast and loose with 'I did not do' and 'I don't recall' then gives himself a pat on the back for taking responsibility.

EDIT: Having now watched it all, I had a few other thoughts.

Firstly, I believe a genuine recovering addict wouldn't seek pity for their punishment. Accepting the consequences of your actions is typically one of the first steps. He cites missing out on the World Cup as the real punishment, but that's not how it works.

The same is true with his claims of 'well I bet on myself to score'. He ignores that by placing a bet that stands to benefit himself (and potentially others) he has impacted the integrity of the contest. His decisions will likely be influenced. It's not like a goal bonus because that's an additional sum he gains when he scores on top of his salary. He doesn't actively lose money if he fails to score. He doe if he bets on himself to score.

I think we have significant work to do on the link between gambling and football, but there's a moment in this interview where Bartlett cites a tweet in which Toney said he'd 'tell it unfiltered' or words to that effect. You see Toney hesitate, pause, and then deliver a word salad with no great direction. I could go on, but Toney knew speaking to a non-journalist would afford him a platform and a string of soft ball questions. 

Edited by Viana

This Paqueta stuff is infuriating when I recall that I needed him to get a yellow for about a grand in the 1-1 draw at home last season and for the last half an hour the cunt barely made a fucking tackle. Suppose the Brazilian betting syndicate were on holiday that weekend.

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Hearing that long trailed takeover that Kenwright had been promising Everton for ages which would actually pay for that new stadium and give them some hope is off. That's them fucked even more

Aaah reading more they are still giving a loan for the new stadium but aren't converting it into equity in the club just straight up debt, which isn't great for them but not disaster for the stadium i guess

What would happen to the players should Everton fold mid season? 

an administrator would need to sell off as many as possible but of course would be restricted by a transfer window.

if they just cease to be or cannot fulfil games would the players need to wait until the next transfer window before going on a free?

isn’t the FFP ruling due around October? Fine or points deduction could see them off

4 hours ago, TBG said:

Enjoy 

What in the fat Pinoccho is he driveling on about? Taking credit for Howe, some BS story about Caicedo and hindsight views on players he had, worst of all Joelinton, claiming he knew he wasn't a 9 🤮