Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

We rejected a bit from Saudi yesterday from him. :lol: very strange way of bullying him out of the club.

Sancho is highly thought of, and has been protected and supported through his mental health issues. If Ten Hag said his level in training isn't up to scratch, then I'd say it's because his level in training wasn't up to scratch. 

Not arguing that. But someone is briefing the media that his team mates don’t support him and he’s not popular in the dressing room. 

it’s all very messy and public. Only incentive to do that is to force the lad out. 

And clearly neither ETH or the club is still protecting him. 

I’ve been a massive critic of Sancho from day one.  I don’t like his on pitch demeanour and his game lacks intensity. But I do feel bad for him in this moment.  Not thE ETH training thing.  That’s a spade. But everything else around it. 

Edited by The College Dropout

What's everyone's thoughts on this in all seriousness? There's zero evidence for any of the allegations yet Antony claims he has evidence which will refute them. 

I dislike the guy so don't care if he's not playing for us but seems a bit extreme for players to halt their careers based on unproven accusations. 

4 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Howay, man, look at the little rat faced cunt.  Obviously a wrong'un.

Jeez. Post a picture of yourself then, so we can decide what type of human being you are.

Spoiler

definitely guilty btw :lol:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this in all seriousness? There's zero evidence for any of the allegations yet Antony claims he has evidence which will refute them. 

I dislike the guy so don't care if he's not playing for us but seems a bit extreme for players to halt their careers based on unproven accusations. 

Genuinely have no idea. I think I have a fairly strong bias towards believing the claimant over defendant in general domestic abuse / sexual harassment cases. However, it’s impossible to know without seeing all the evidence and even then you have to make a judgement call. You can get dysfunctional relationships where both people are abusive. My bias would probably side with thinking it was either like that with Antony being more abusive or that her’s and the other claims are correct. I do think there will be a higher rate of false claims against footballers than your average person by a significant margin but I still think a good number of claims will be true or at least partly true against them 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Probably depends on the individual circumstances. Generally I would say they should play until proven guilty, but then the authorities have a poor record of punishing wealthy deviants, and you also have situations like Adam Johnson where Sunderland were knowingly playing a paedophile.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Well if he has conclusive evidence then it seems a bit harsh, but usually if there's more than one claim against then there's generally something to it which isn't entirely above board. Either way would nit be surprising at all....I reckon it was a three way that went wrong

I'm obviously biased as he has a face I'd never tire of punching, that being said it seems there are 3 women now with claims of abuse and his interview he did in Brazil wasn't the PR win he was hoping for. That and the fact he's gone into hiding over "false" claims is a massive red flag. Be interested to see the evidence he feels he's got to the contrary though.

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Probably depends on the individual circumstances. Generally I would say they should play until proven guilty, but then the authorities have a poor record of punishing wealthy deviants, and you also have situations like Adam Johnson where Sunderland were knowingly playing a paedophile.

Who can forgot those hilarious "He shags who he wants" chants from the moral high ground defenders

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

There’s zero evidence in the the public domain, but that’s what you would expect if she went to the police.

In all the articles I’ve read they state that the accuser claims that had to have medical treatment after the headbutt and corrective surgery to repair a damaged cosmetic implant.  If her medical records back this up - which I’d imagine is very likely considering it’s mentioned in the articles - then I personally would consider that strong evidence.

5 hours ago, Eveready said:

There’s zero evidence in the the public domain, but that’s what you would expect if she went to the police.

In all the articles I’ve read they state that the accuser claims that had to have medical treatment after the headbutt and corrective surgery to repair a damaged cosmetic implant.  If her medical records back this up - which I’d imagine is very likely considering it’s mentioned in the articles - then I personally would consider that strong evidence.

This.

At the least, you'd presume the club would have more information available to inform their decision - not least if the gossip about them arranging private doctors for the lass is true - which makes it doubly vexing that it's taken them so long to make this (insufficient) decision.