Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

What ended up happening with Player X, did he play elsewhere after being terminated? Or have criminal charges brought against him? I can see that there’s a player who now plays for Lyngby in Denmark which I’m sure is well below their level 

On one hand, it seems lucky that they are getting this now compared with last year , as they only stayed up by 2 points.

On the other, if it's only £19.5m over the threshold and you have circumstances like that one with 'player x' it shows the farce that is FFP. 

Other teams dare to be ambitious and have a go and make the odd transfer cock up and they are in the mud. Whereas a team like Man U can do things like ditch a £70m £300k a week player like Sancho and it not affect them at all. 

I mean it would be like if we plummeted down the league this year and it meant we were over our FFP allowance because we banked on being atleast top 8 but because we lost Tonali who we spent fortunes on we under performed. 

I mean maybe that's he problem, you have to be smart like I hope we are being and not find yourself in a position like Leeds '03 where you have to get top 4 to break even etc.

Edited by alexf

Talk of big point deductions for the likes of Chelsea and City, for me I think they should have point deductions for a set number of years rather than give them it in one go, ensures they won't be fighting at the top for some time.

Liklihood is that they tangle this up in the courts for years and get away with it though.

15 minutes ago, Disco said:

It's annoying that apparently reputable sources are actually pushing this. It's a total non starter.

Again, all just rhetoric to distract from the main issue.

Edited by Neil

They're not the only one that does this, but I still "love" confirmed is actually:

‘Mail Sport has learned that senior figures at the three clubs held talks this afternoon to reaffirm their plans to sue after the Premier League confirmed Everton’s guilty verdict and 10-point deduction, the biggest in the competition’s history.

‘The aggrieved trio are understood to have agreed to follow through on their previous threats to sue Everton, which they formulated over the summer after Sean Dyche’s side narrowly escaped relegation on the final day of the campaign by just two points.

‘Leeds and Leicester were relegated to the Championship and Burnley have leant their support as they remain convinced that Everton’s spending breached financial rules the previous season when they were relegated.’

So someone else's story and not actually confirmed then. 

4 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I feel no sympathy, it was all entirely avoidable, yes they showed ambition but they were really incompetent and avoidable and such actions should have repercussions. They will also likely be fine. 

Aye but the point is, other clubs do the same and they can just go and spend millions and write it off just because of what they've done in the past. That's not fair competition imo. If Everton had the means to do the same through their owner or however, they should have the freedom to do the same. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

You'd think one of the central points of appeal will be how have the PL reached that punishment. A 10 point deduction for a £19 million overspend is interesting to say the least.

Don't know the exact ins and outs but isn't the 19mill overspend only that low because of the massively inflated CIVID write offs ?

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

What ended up happening with Player X, did he play elsewhere after being terminated? Or have criminal charges brought against him? I can see that there’s a player who now plays for Lyngby in Denmark which I’m sure is well below their level 

It's him yes.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

You'd think one of the central points of appeal will be how have the PL reached that punishment. A 10 point deduction for a £19 million overspend is interesting to say the least.

It’s not just that though. It’s down to how they lied and tried to cover it up.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

The punishment is totally and utterly disproportionate, and transparently unfounded.

It’s lenient as fuck. Let’s not forget that this isn’t just about £19m, but the fact that you lied to the Premier League, and tried to cover your tracks.

FFP isn’t going to work if you hand out fines, and transfer bans, because clubs will just factor in the fines into their finances that they throw their way, and buy the players they want before a ban.

You have fans of all clubs howling at the Premier League to stop us from buying players at will before we have even got started, and others wanting Man City dragged, and stripped of titles.

You have the clubs themselves, of which I include your club, and your friends in hand from across city park, all voting to ban related party player transfers because the Daily Mail said in it’s transfer gossip page that we might loan a certain player.

You either want FFP control or you don’t. You can’t have it both ways.

Edited by Stifler

2 hours ago, Neil said:

It's annoying that apparently reputable sources are actually pushing this. It's a total non starter.

Again, all just rhetoric to distract from the main issue.

Surely Leeds would already have been relegated?