Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've never loved the game more than when watching Messi though, as ridiculously cliche as that is. Watching him particularly in 14/15 was something else.

One of the very reasons I didn't stop watching football.

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've never loved the game more than when watching Messi though, as ridiculously cliche as that is. Watching him particularly in 14/15 was something else.

Not really his fault, but I see Messi becoming the player he did, as the end of Barcelona being the likeable club they were. I preferred Barcelona in the years leading up to that (Rivaldo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Kluivert, Saviola, peak Puyol, etc).

There was something mystical about Barcelona with their stadium, 'Mes que un club', the sponsorless shirts, etc. Messi seemed to herald in this monster they've turned into. Again, not his fault, but it was the end of Barcelona being enjoyable for me. 

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not really his fault, but I see Messi becoming the player he did, as the end of Barcelona being the likeable club they were. I preferred Barcelona in the years leading up to that (Rivaldo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Kluivert, Saviola, peak Puyol, etc).

There was something mystical about Barcelona with their stadium, 'Mes que un club', the sponsorless shirts, etc. Messi seemed to herald in this monster they've turned into. Again, not his fault, but it was the end of Barcelona being enjoyable for me. 

Yeah, the sponsor-less shirts made them feel like what they kind of view themselves as; a Catalan national club side in all but name.  They’re just another big club these days.  

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

TNT say it'll be free to view. 

They'll be partnering with a free to view broadcaster.  Still means a lot of games will behind a pay wall again.

Money wins again....

Edited by El Prontonise

When you think the chronicle couldn’t possibly get any worse it somehow manages too. Literally unreadable, with all the adds and pop ups. Reading a sentence, then it redirects me to another part of the article. 

A completely unsustainable business model. They might aswell just admit they’re finished.

26 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

When you think the chronicle couldn’t possibly get any worse it somehow manages too. Literally unreadable, with all the adds and pop ups. Reading a sentence, then it redirects me to another part of the article. 

A completely unsustainable business model. They might aswell just admit they’re finished.

But then who would be telling you about the 5 things you missed after every fucking match[emoji38]

17 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Hector Bellerin at Real Betis: Championing sustainability and tackling social issues - BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68286028

Good read this on what Betis are doing for sustainability etc.  Football is the most green washing sport as they come imo.

Is it? Genuine question. Is it more green-washing in a particular way, or is it just that football is the biggest sport? 

14 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Last six minutes or so are well worth a listen regarding Sir Bobby and then also R9

I always thought he’d end up managing us at some point.  It won’t happen now like - and hopefully one of the reasons why is Howe is successful 

The American major networks are merging their sports channels together into 1 streaming package.

Meanwhile here in the U.K., we can’t see a 3pm KO, The FA are selling the FA Cup rights to TNT Sports, taking it off free to air TV, and Sky pay the Scottish league less than what the Dutch league get.

Edited by Stifler

21 hours ago, Dokko said:

Eric Cantona taking himself far too seriously on the mikky mac show. I'm hoping its a sketch.

That was soooo painful to watch. Then I remembered 1995-96, particularly our home game, and I smiled through the remainder. 

Been thinking about my favourite Newcastle XI:

Given

Albert  Woodgate  Schar

Tiote

Solano Guimaraes Joelinton Robert

HBA

Shearer

I'm 50 next year and my son is 21, as part of our celebrations we fancy going to Valencia for a few days and taking in a game, does anyone know how hard is it to get tickets to a match ? 

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

The American major networks are merging their sports channels together into 1 streaming package.

Meanwhile here in the U.K., we can’t see a 3pm KO, The FA are selling the FA Cup rights to TNT Sports, taking it off free to air TV, and Sky pay the Scottish league less than what the Dutch league get.

Where did you read this?