Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

58 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s illuminating that Ange got so much gushing praise when he came in. It was more refreshing than it should have been just having a normal guy saying normal things because of weird cunts like Klopp and Arteta. 

The prime frustration is that we have the tools to deal with a lot of the nonsense in the refs and the laws, but when it comes to the crunch they bottle it. Leaving Havertz aside, Arteta is still pulling his bullshit outside the technical box to interfere with the oppo and…nothing. It’s mental.

The whole respect campaign and VAR is an absolute joke. We continue to undermine referees, change rules every year for the sake of the TV and TV Fan and allow spoilt little bastards demonstrate to kids that if you hoy your toys out the pram enough you'll get what you want eventually.

8 hours ago, Heron said:

It's getting increasingly hard to enjoy football the same way I used to. I don't know if that's an age thing or the actual sport.

That first pen for Man United today, the Havertz dive going unpunished, the way the likes of Arteta and Klopp go on in such a detestable, ungentlemanly way.

Just vile man, and yet nice guys seem to finish last. Where's the concern for role models? Just like all 'business' so many buzz words and trendy moral panics being apparently addressed but not because of genuine concern, because it makes the brand look strong. Respect for referees, sustainability, yada yada yada. Piss off.

#RantOver

Maybe just a frame of mind thing. Kiss someone you love (use a mirror if required 😉), have a nice coffee. Thing about Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson and the relentless reasonableness (word?) of Eddie Howe. The world is full of nice things, good people and random acts of kindness. Let’s gloss over the rest.

(p.s. think I might get a gig on Thought for the day?) 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

22 minutes ago, Heron said:

The whole respect campaign and VAR is an absolute joke. We continue to undermine referees, change rules every year for the sake of the TV and TV Fan and allow spoilt little bastards demonstrate to kids that if you hoy your toys out the pram enough you'll get what you want eventually.

It really filters down to lower levels too. Far too many refs at grassroots level have suffered verbal and physical abuse. If you want to improve the standard and of refereeing, it’s Massively counter productive.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

It really filters down to lower levels too. Far too many refs at grassroots level have suffered verbal and physical abuse. If you want to improve the standard and of refereeing, it’s Massively counter productive.

it’s not just abuse to officials, the winning is all that matters mentality that some parents put on 5/6 year olds is crazy. You can see how much pressure some of the kids are under, to the point that they have a meltdown when they miss or the other team scores. It’s pressure to get them into ‘academies’ driving it.

im no Pep and don’t claim to be a great kids coach but I make sure that each of the kids on the the team get equal time on the pitch, equal time playing ‘striker’ and ultimately try and get them all to score each week so they can go nuts with a celebration.

we’re in a u6s set up and there is a u5s team joined for the last few weeks, there are some teams sticking 20 past them and I’m getting pelters from our teams parents when I slow my lot down after 5 or 6 to make sure the little ones get to pass the ball around and hopefully get a goal or 2 to keep them wanting to come back.

basically attitudes stink right down to the very first level that kids get into, and it’s at the point I’m probably going to knock it on the head at the end of the season

39 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s not just abuse to officials, the winning is all that matters mentality that some parents put on 5/6 year olds is crazy. You can see how much pressure some of the kids are under, to the point that they have a meltdown when they miss or the other team scores. It’s pressure to get them into ‘academies’ driving it.

im no Pep and don’t claim to be a great kids coach but I make sure that each of the kids on the the team get equal time on the pitch, equal time playing ‘striker’ and ultimately try and get them all to score each week so they can go nuts with a celebration.

we’re in a u6s set up and there is a u5s team joined for the last few weeks, there are some teams sticking 20 past them and I’m getting pelters from our teams parents when I slow my lot down after 5 or 6 to make sure the little ones get to pass the ball around and hopefully get a goal or 2 to keep them wanting to come back.

basically attitudes stink right down to the very first level that kids get into, and it’s at the point I’m probably going to knock it on the head at the end of the season

Need more coaches like you, man. Keep up the good fight! 
When my lad played day that level and up to under 8s they would take one of our players off once 4 goals up. It was a club rule (the club had around twenty teams across the age groups). All changed when the coach got carried away with wanting to win and the team moved into the Premier/best division within Greater  Manchester. Equal pitch time disappeared and blaming of the kids increased. It was very disappointing. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Need more coaches like you, man. Keep up the good fight! 
When my lad played day that level and up to under 8s they would take one of our players off once 4 goals up. It was a club rule (the club had around twenty teams across the age groups). All changed when the coach got carried away with wanting to win and the team moved into the Premier/best division within Greater  Manchester. Equal pitch time disappeared and blaming of the kids increased. It was very disappointing. 

I’ve always been grateful to my first proper coach “Tom” who only cared about playing the game the right way. We would typically finish bottom despite winning most of our matches because he just wanted to give as many kids a chance to play as possible so we’d forfeit nearly every game because of unregistered players. Wanted the game played the right way in every respect - good football, pass and move on the ground, no diving, no lip. 

Edited by leffe186

18 hours ago, Heron said:

It's getting increasingly hard to enjoy football the same way I used to. I don't know if that's an age thing or the actual sport.

That first pen for Man United today, the Havertz dive going unpunished, the way the likes of Arteta and Klopp go on in such a detestable, ungentlemanly way.

Just vile man, and yet nice guys seem to finish last. Where's the concern for role models? Just like all 'business' so many buzz words and trendy moral panics being apparently addressed but not because of genuine concern, because it makes the brand look strong. Respect for referees, sustainability, yada yada yada. Piss off.

#RantOver

It's one of the reasons I'm drawn to non league and the women's game at the minute, just a much purer football experience for me these days. The shit that surrounds the top flight mens game is almost intolerable. I was at Alnwick Town yesterday and some lad who played for Killingworth had a proper pop at the referee, for which he was rightly sent off. Premier refs either told not to, or too scared to do it.

Edited by OpenC

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Saudi won’t be bailing out the transfer market this summer according to Bloomberg. 

Hope they're right. Looking past our own issues I kinda like that FFP could be the catalyst that ends up smacking the top clubs back in their face by bursting the bubble. Less transfers, lower fees & wages resulting in less interest in tv subscriptions which in turn further forces fees, wages, sponsorships down ultimately leading to cheaper tickets & subscriptions.

Or am I high on fairy dust for even thinking the thought? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Hope they're right. Looking past our own issues I kinda like that FFP could be the catalyst that ends up smacking the top clubs back in their face by bursting the bubble. Less transfers, lower fees & wages resulting in less interest in tv subscriptions which in turn further forces fees, wages, sponsorships down ultimately leading to cheaper tickets & subscriptions.

Or am I high on fairy dust for even thinking the thought? :lol:

You’re high on fairy dust :lol:

clubs current FFP issues are a bit of pinch situation, they have massive revenues so any easing benefits them massively. 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not read the article as I can’t cope with Barney Ronay’s writing style but it’s a bit of a reach. Ben White doesn’t even like football and there’s obviously something more to this story than just loyalty to his club 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/mar/14/ben-whites-england-refusal-shows-a-shift-in-loyalties-towards-club-football

He's up there among the smuggest of the smug isn't he?

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not read the article as I can’t cope with Barney Ronay’s writing style but it’s a bit of a reach. Ben White doesn’t even like football and there’s obviously something more to this story than just loyalty to his club 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/mar/14/ben-whites-england-refusal-shows-a-shift-in-loyalties-towards-club-football

Athletic say there was a disagreement with Steve Holland + White doesn't like the environment of tournament football.

Wasn’t a video going around of him involving outdoor sexual activities?  :lol: 

Im all honesty, anyone should be allowed to decide what they want to do in their career without judgement. Fair play to the lad. 

Ronay is a fucking cunt also, every article I read of his makes me want to commit offences against him that I’d serve time for. Prick. 

40 minutes ago, Charlies said:

Ronay is a fucking cunt also, every article I read of his makes me want to commit offences against him that I’d serve time for. Prick

This from last April was the tipping point for me. :lol: Must've jizzed himself at the Evelyn Waugh reference. 

On 13/04/2023 at 22:10, Yorkie said:

"It has been tempting given the heat, the chat, the clipped-up punditry faces prophesying the decline of all that is fine and noble, like Evelyn Waugh bemoaning the death of the carpeted bathroom, to file the current rage about rage alongside all the other things that have seemed, very briefly, to signal the coming of the rapture."

What a pretentious and condescending spanner Ronay is, man. Absolute waffle. 

On 13/04/2023 at 22:10, Yorkie said:

As much as I can’t stand Liverpool and a significant number of their players, I do really like Luis Diaz, Mo Salah and Virgil Van Dijk. Wonder if I’ll hate them less after the dickhead leaves