Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Although this particular claim is false, he's blatantly paid by agents to stick players in the shop window.

Mission accomplished I guess.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Has any reliable source linked Southgate to Man U? Are Sky Sports even reliable?

No.

It's not actually Sky Sports breaking it either. It's just in their paper talk section.

5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

First team NE 11 (internationals, status in era, style of play):

Pickford 

Todd Hunter Woodgate

Robson Bell Gascoigne Charlton 

Mannion    
               Milburn Shearer

Manager: Bob Paisley 

Can’t possibly think of a north east eleven without Beardsley. Must admit I don’t even know who Mannion is.

Anyway greatest Scottish Eleven according to this…

http://xtralegend.blogspot.com/2013/01/Scotland.html?m=1

so:

Simpson

Mcgrain   Mackay   Hansen Robertson

Bremner  Souness

Morton.           Dalglish          Johnstone

Law

I’ve swapped in Robertson.

Edited by Rafalove

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Can’t possibly think of a north east eleven without Beardsley. Must admit I don’t even know who Mannion is.

Boro Beardsley, but with a statue. 

9 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

My squad for best ever North East (born) 11.

Goalkeepers 

Pickford

Carr (Kevin)

Harper 

Montgomery 

Defenders 

Todd (Colin)

Kennedy (Alan)

Hunter 

Hardwick (George) 

Howey 

Venison

Charlton (Jack)

Nattrass 

Wharton 

Midfielders 

Charlton (Bobby)

Bell (Colin) 

Robson (Bryan)

Gascoigne

Carrick

Clark (Lee)

Wide/forwards

Waddle 

Robson (Bobby)

Steven 

Forwards 

Shearer 

Milburn

Mortensen

Tueart 

Beardsley 

Robson (Bryan ‘Pop’) 

Carter (Raich)

Mannion (Wilf)

Manager:

Bob Paisley

Brian Clough

Bobby Robson

Don Revie

Some questionable names in there. Clough and Kendall would my pick ahead of others and Ray Kennedy could arguably get a start. It’s almost impossible to pick a best 11/ formation. 

Kevin Carr in those tight black shorts is the stuff of nightmares. That’s an outrageous pick tbf, makes Wharton’s selection almost acceptable. Squad 

needs a cull 😂. Good shout with Mortensen. There’s been some real talent that the NE let go. 

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Some questionable names in there. Clough and Kendall would my pick ahead of others and Ray Kennedy could arguably get a start. It’s almost impossible to pick a best 11/ formation. 

Kevin Carr in those tight black shorts is the stuff of nightmares. That’s an outrageous pick tbf, makes Wharton’s selection almost acceptable. Squad 

needs a cull 😂. Good shout with Mortensen. There’s been some real talent that the NE let go. 

Every good team needs a big squad. A couple of favourites from the, errr, Director of Football’s early supporting days may have sneaked in. 

13 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Boro Beardsley, but with a statue. 

Only thing I remember Wilf Mannion from is Fantasy Football League.

"HALLO, IM WILF MANNION!"

9 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this. But I’m guessing a few on here will know the lad. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/reece-the-rocket-aka-james-corden?member=33380119&sharetype=teams&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

maybe some can help out? Could share on your Facebook too?

Involved in the far-right "Football Lads Alliance" unfortunately.  Shame about the fire, but I've donated 20 quid to kids in Gaza instead.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/democratic-football-lads-alliance-why-050000937.html

nintchdbpict000394479033.webp

new.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris L said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this. But I’m guessing a few on here will know the lad. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/reece-the-rocket-aka-james-corden?member=33380119&sharetype=teams&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

maybe some can help out? Could share on your Facebook too?

Would rather burn £20 in front of the cunt.

I see Boro are planning anew badge for the 26/27 season. I've said it before, but as someone getting into football in the mid 90s, I'd be much more bothered about the badge changing than the stadium potentially changing. 

I could possibly see a circular badge at some point, but I love the current badge, and given my age, it's obviously all I've known.

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

Cracking player, one of those guys that looked like they were 35 their entire career, a bit like Colin Hendry and Roy Aiken 

Remember us playing at home to Juventus in the 1983 European Cup quarter final, against what remains easily the best team I've ever seen play us at our place, by a mile. Boniek, Platini, Paolo Rossi, Tardelli, Dino Zoff - fuck me, what a majestic line up.

We lost 2-1, and put up a decent showing on the whole, but the one player on our side who had the talent to have played in that Juve side was Sid Cowans. 

He scored for us - a diving header, after he'd put in one of the most fucking delicious little two footed shuffles of the ball I've ever seen (imprinted on brain for the 41 years since) before playing it out and running in to head the return ball in.

Genuinely feel myself getting a bit teary here just thinking about that, hairs on arms standing up, the lot.

Football, eh? It's nuts.