Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

26 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Stan Seymour was a forward and although a legendary figure at the club, he's not getting in ahead of Keegan, Shearer and Dalglish.

Joe Harvey was again, not a defender, more a left sided midfielder, could have played as a modern wing back, I suppose.

Kinnear is a good shout actually, he played for a decent Spurs side who won things.

I don't know anything about them tbf, but Seymour and Harvey were down as defenders on Wiki and their honours are pretty impressive. I suppose positions change over the years. 

On 26/04/2024 at 17:12, Optimistic Nut said:

Saying that, surely Haaland should be on it. :lol:

Edit: it's 7 years old.

Kane might have taken one of the late 20's as well

On 27/04/2024 at 09:13, Dr.Spaceman said:

Shearer's consistency was off the charts, never thought it would be matched until Kane and Haaland came along.

Would be interesting to see how many either Kane or Haaland would have got playing against some of the knackers in the 90's or the many elite centre backs we seemed to have in the PL in the early to mid 00's.

I reckon someone like a prime Chris Samba would be playing Champions League these days rather than fucking about with the likes of Blackburn.

I think generally less goals were scored back in the day.

The game is so different today it's crazy. Like I genuinely think VDV might struggle like crazy against a late 90s 4-4-2, big man, little man combo for awhile. But could Martin Keown play for Pep or Klopp? Could he fuck.

Defenders are way better footballers these days. Probably not as good as defenders. Someone like Rudiger would be king in any era (tbf so would VDV). It's what I like about the Arsenal defenders as well. 

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

G Nev saying we asked to speak to him about a managerial role.

Mike Ashley, man ffs :lol:

As if it was possible to despise the odious toad anymore.

On 29/04/2024 at 12:33, Pixelphish said:

God I love this energy.

Don’t know the full story but port vale appear to be the team he played for the most (30 apps). He appears to have had barely a career unless the stats aren’t accurate. Hard to imagine someone hating Port Vale that much 

The abuse match officials at grass roots level suffer is appalling.  People complain about the standard of refereeing, but it’s not surprising in the slightest. The pool of people willing to put up with that level of abuse for very little reward. Is very small.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Don’t know the full story but port vale appear to be the team he played for the most (30 apps). He appears to have had barely a career unless the stats aren’t accurate. Hard to imagine someone hating Port Vale that much 

Between his wiki indicating the entire fallout was over missing a team meal that he chose to air grievances about on social media, and his twitter handle being portvalelegend ffs :lol: I can't shake the feeling he's quite the bellend tbh. Even shittier a move when it appears the fans still voted him as one of their players of the year even after he fell out with management.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gbandit said:

From Wikipedia

"He established himself in central midfield over the New Year with "a string of impressive performances". However, on 12 March 2013 he missed a pre-match team meal, but claimed he made his own way for the match against Bristol Rovers, only to be informed that he was not in the matchday squad when he was just five minutes away from Bristol. He took to Twitter to put his side of the story across, and an angry Micky Adams responded by saying Burge's tweets were "absolute nonsense and he's going to be disciplined". Burge was suspended for two weeks for breaking the club's "social media guidelines" after club management claimed he refused to apologise for the incident. On 12 April 2013, with three games left of the season, Burge left the club by mutual consent.[46] Club chairman Paul Wildes stated that "this has been a difficult decision for both parties". Vale secured promotion into League One at the end of the 2012–13 season, and users of a single Port Vale fan site voted him one of their three Players of the Season."

Edit -- Wormy beat me to it.

Edited by GideonShandy

9 hours ago, gbandit said:

Exceptional work Wormy

And that's why I have had consistent success every time I log in to N-O.

(no one look at my post history) 

:lol: 

Used to have to spend a fair bit of time at a couple of Ineos sites in an old job. Their offices were an absolute shithole, looked liked they hadn’t been touched in about 20-30 years. Used to hate going.

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

:lol: 

Used to have to spend a fair bit of time at a couple of Ineos sites in an old job. Their offices were an absolute shithole, looked liked they hadn’t been touched in about 20-30 years. Used to hate going.

United have made multiple off-field changes in an attempts to lower their expenditure, including removing company credit cards from staff members, who are also being asked to contribute to their own travel and food costs for the journey from Manchester to London for this month’s FA Cup final against Manchester City.

I’ve seen how this ends. Not well.