Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

https://theathletic.com/4802569/2023/08/25/liverpool-academy-investigation/

decent piece from the athletic, academies have moved on a lot, didn’t realise releasing players involved such processes. 

On a more serious note, and notwithstanding the obvious bias that parents would have, taking kids from 5 years old onwards is wild. 

Basically moulded a child into thinking they're on an upward trajectory to super stardom then having 2 Yr interval cut offs. Brutal. 

I'm not surprised there's a need for psychological support for the kids but I also think there's a need for the parents and family too. 

Little Johnny not making it, when you've built it up in your head since they were in primary school, could be a crushing blow. 

I'm currently in Turkey and every kid has the pink Messi shirt on, obviously copies over here but how much have they raked in worldwide for them ?  Beckham comes across as a bit of a drongo but he must have fantastic people working for him 

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Or we could just get rid of our transfer window like it used to be?

And have the constant threat of your best players being poached at any point during the season? I’m not just referring to the Saudis either.

I’m happy with the concept of a transfer window. 

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

And have the constant threat of your best players being poached at any point during the season? I’m not just referring to the Saudis either.

I’m happy with the concept of a transfer window. 

It functioned fine before, I don't remember any popular clamour to block transfers happening outside of short windows. Certainly don't see why the Saudis, or any other country, should feel forced to do business in the same strange way as UEFA. The fact the window finishes a few weeks after the season has already started is a mystery to me too.

Just now, 80 said:

It functioned fine before, I don't remember any popular clamour to block transfers happening outside of short windows. Certainly don't see why the Saudis, or any other country, should feel forced to do business in the same strange way as UEFA. The fact the window finishes a few weeks after the season has already started is a mystery to me too.

Football world has massively changed since it was introduced.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Football world has massively changed since it was introduced.

Everything's always changing. And some of those changes are a consequence of the block on transfers. It's a great way of creating a sense of jeopardy for a club and causing them to overbid for a player, as we've seen lately.

10 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

I think the January window shouldn't exist tbh.

If we're going along with the idea of transfer restrictions, then I guess I agree to be honest. Seems arbitrary to have it.

Seems like there is some real hype building about this Yamal kid at Barca. Haven’t seen him play yet but it reallly does seem like players are coming through at a much younger age theee days and quite regularly.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Seems like there is some real hype building about this Yamal kid at Barca. Haven’t seen him play yet but it reallly does seem like players are coming through at a much younger age theee days and quite regularly.

Keeping Fati out the team ain’t he? I heard some podcaster saying he’s technically ridiculous a bit IIRC Bernardo Silva style.

The Premier League trophy is being ‘showcased’ at Morrisons in Byker today (yes really) should anyone wish to get their photo taken with it.

You also have the added option of then walking up the road and getting smacked off your tits in the Raby (clientele displayed in linked FB vid):

https://www.facebook.com/100029121996534/videos/welcome-to-byker-/681783610522694/

16 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Scarily talented, not long turned 16 and he's started back to back games and doesn't look out of place

I always had a feeling I'd come to despise our fanbase quickly after the takeover. The reactions to the draw against Man City and the defeat against Liverpool has only reinforced that opinion. 

Edited by OCK

6 hours ago, OCK said:

I always had a feeling I'd come to despise our fanbase quickly after the takeover. The reactions to the draw against Man City and the defeat against Liverpool has only reinforced that opinion. 

It's just a vocal, social media obsessed plastic fan, ignore and move on, the true fans have patience because we have waited decades for a decent team that gives 100% and plays decent football.

In my time probably on teams by Cox, Smith (for a season), Keegan, Robson and now Howe have provided this, I'm patient, I can wait and I certainly won't let a couple of poor results ( not performances) put me off