Uruguay: Francescoli

Chile: Yanez

Bolivia: Erwin Sanchez

Peru: Nobby

Venezuela: Rondon

Colombia: Tino

Ecuador: Alex Aguinaga I guess just for reminding me of John Voight on Anaconda

Edited by Jonas

Has anyone seen the nick pope post on nufc insta?

Why does it look like there are no seats in level 7, in what I'm thinking is the milburn?

Could be completely wrong just looks weird to me.

8 minutes ago, McDog said:

Irish lads on here, I have a question. My observations from very far away is that the sport popularity in the country is as follows:

Hurling

Gaelic Football 

Football

Rugby

Is this way off?

It depends on who you talk to. More people play GAA games here than football as the whole organisation is amazing for grassroots. 

I have my 5 year old training every Saturday and although he hasn’t a clue yet he loves it.

Now for going and watching those games.. the average league matches would have a fairly low turnout.. it’s only really when it gets to the All Ireland stages where the crowds turn up in massive numbers.

Local League of Ireland football has had something of a resurgence in the last 10/15 years.. crowds are up for most clubs and a few teams have done a little better in the European competitions. Still very difficult to hold onto the best prospects though when they’re being pushed toward English clubs, even league 2 is still a good bit ahead so there’s no real reason for them to stay.

Rugby has always and will continue to be a sport enjoyed by the middle to upper class which is reflected in the private schools most of the players come from.

I’ll always be surprised even with the huge success the Irish team has had, that a certain section of society doesn’t give a fuck about it. (But for what it’s worth I think that also stays true for how Rugby is viewed in the UK as well?)

Always find it a bit sad that the Irish league is as shit as it is. No reason it shouldn’t be at the same level of leagues ranked way above it given the interest in the game over there.  Especially the Dublin clubs. I know Bohemians are trying to carve out a niche but for a country who has similar population to Norway and others who’ve made a genuine dent in European football you’d expect more although I know the infrastructure is absolutely missing.

The impression I get from many visits there (though granted that's almost entirely in the north) is that anything that might progress at a race of knots is obstructed by (putting it kindly) the very sensitive political/religious landscape. Casement Park, for instance, would be a very rare example of all sides coming together to deliver something. 

:anguish: when you turn a sport into nothing but than a money making machine, this sort of thing was inevitable. 

Only a matter of time, before these kinds proposals are accepted.

Edited by Klaus