Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 hours ago, CM1961 said:

Oh ... and before I leave this thread ... I'm an immigrant into the UK from Ireland.

Were you a refugee from Ireland?  Because your list conflates the two

edit: I’m also an immigrant - from the UK to Australia.  And there is a fuckton of difference between a white native-English speaking man moving to another Anglophone country and being a refugee fleeing persecution.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It’s absolute fucking bullshit though.

Loads from Latin America wish to go to the USA. People from Asia wish to go the Middle East and Australia. Most people from Eastern Europe wish to go to Germany, and loads from North Africa wish to go to France.

People who have more of a choice to go to different countries are finding places like Canada and the USA as places to live, to a lesser extent Japan, Korea, and Australia.

The idea that all the immigrants want to come to the U.K. is a myth that’s not even backed up by numbers. We as a nation have simply made up that notion, and also in the case of the right wing amongst us, became afraid of it as well.

Yep.  Most of those looking to go to the UK likely have family there already. I’m not sure the right wing loons are aware of how Britain is viewed by much of the world. 

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

So we normally sit through sixty minutes of “analysis” on MOTD?

Think this new format could catch on. 

It’s for absolutely the wrong reasons that this has occurred, and the politicisation of the BBC and disgraceful suspension of Lineker notwithstanding, but MOTD has long been a waste of money on various levels.  Brian Clough summed it up perfectly 40 years ago (from around 3:10)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8wKQo2M6U

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Were you a refugee from Ireland?  Because your list conflates the two

edit: I’m also an immigrant - from the UK to Australia.  And there is a fuckton of difference between a white native-English speaking man moving to another Anglophone country and being a refugee fleeing persecution.  

Nah you're not an immigrant, you're an ex-pat.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

British living anywhere except blighty innit.

That’s right :) - being an immigrant is a bad thing.  That’s what the papers told me.  So I’m an ex-pat, which is why I don’t need to learn Spanish, and means I can sit in the Red Lion eating a full English every morning not worrying about the locals.  I’ve no idea about local news anyway, because the telly in here only shows Only Fools on a loop

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If that’s an attempt at pointing out ‘hypocrisy’, you’ve failed to do so.  The point TRon made is consistent - there’s no hypocrisy in a lack of tolerance for intolerance, particularly when that intolerance is leading to the deaths of vulnerable people. 

Its pointing out how unpleasant people can be.

And I don't care for the cheap attempt at the end to tar people you disagree with as being find with the deaths of vulnerable people. Its that sort of inference that has caused this whole mess - slag people off, have a difference of opinion but implying that their nazi's or don't care about people dying is going too far.

Out of order imho, for doing nothing but pointing out calling someone who isn't hard right and being called a 'bitch' isn't tolerant.

Lets not talk again and just get back to football.

Edited by Jonas

On 10/03/2023 at 15:02, Ken Boon said:

Couldn't give two fucks whether Shearer, Wright, Micah Richards or whoever pulls out of MOTD cos I never watch it, I watch the Premier League goals on You Tube instead, so there. 🤪

On 10/03/2023 at 15:07, Pixelphish said:

Cheers Ken.

On 10/03/2023 at 15:08, Ken Boon said:

Yer welcome 🤟

:lol: 

19 minutes ago, Jonas said:

And I don't care for the cheap attempt at the end to tar people you disagree with as being find with the deaths of vulnerable people. Its that sort of inference that has caused this whole mess - slag people off, have a difference of opinion but implying that their nazi's or don't care about people dying is going too far.

Out of order imho, for doing nothing but pointing out calling someone who isn't hard right and being called a 'bitch' isn't tolerant.

Who implied they're naziz?

33 minutes ago, Jonas said:

I didn’t say you’re a Nazi.  I said that Braverman’s actions and rhetoric is leading to the deaths of vulnerable people - and that’s not an opinion.  

Braverman isn’t a bitch.  She’s a nasty, venal, hateful cunt.  And she absolutely is hard right. 

And she isn’t alone.  Plenty don’t give a shit about what is causing vulnerable people to climb into dangerous boats and attempt to cross the Channel.  They are the ones who’ve caused this, not those who call this stuff out.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

26 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Viewing figures up by 500,000 on MotD last night

Was always going to happen due to curiosity, with this story being all over the news. 

I can't believe people are saying "Wow there must usually be 1+hour of studio patter". There were 6 games last night, do they really think they normally show only 3 minutes of each game? :lol: No.