Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

25 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Just watched it, it was shit without commentary/studio analysis. 

Pure shite. 

Only ever listen to the analysis when we've  won. Never listen to other teams's.

38 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Was always going to happen due to curiosity, with this story being all over the news. 

I can't believe people are saying "Wow there must usually be 1+hour of studio patter". There were 6 games last night, do they really think they normally show only 3 minutes of each game? :lol: No. 

Aye the amount of comments I've seen saying that is staggering, can only presume it's from people that don't usually watch it but tuned on cos of either curiosity or they hate Lineker/Immigrants

41 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Was always going to happen due to curiosity, with this story being all over the news. 

I can't believe people are saying "Wow there must usually be 1+hour of studio patter". There were 6 games last night, do they really think they normally show only 3 minutes of each game? :lol: No. 

They have to show 7-8 mins per game usually I think. 

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye the amount of comments I've seen saying that is staggering, can only presume it's from people that don't usually watch it but tuned on cos of either curiosity or they hate Lineker/Immigrants

:thup: It seemed a weird decision to make it only 20 minutes long so can only assume it's either a) BBC execs wanting to provoke this kind of discussion about overpaid lefty loonies adding fluff to MOTD, or more likely b) realising it was going to be a shit programme without presenting or commentary, and wanting to put something, anything out to meet their contractual obligations. 

The commentary was the bigger miss and the bigger problem for the BBC, they could have put a show out that lasted 45-60 minutes with that on. As it was, it was like the half time highlights you get on a dodgy stream. 

For clarity, I watched about 2 minutes of it this morning on iplayer out of curiosity about the format :lol:

There a top of the table, potential title decider in the women's game between Chelsea and Manchester United live on BBC 2 this lunchtime. Will be interesting to see what they do with that!!

I think they're going to use fifferent commentary provided by the FA, but will there be anyone to actually host the programme??

I haven't watched it yet but I watched the 3 min highlights that Sky have, just felt like it was way too short, especially for games that had a fair bit of action in them

I know Sky will show 25-30 min highlights on their linear channels in the evening but for other teams that's too much of a commitment, which is why MOTD is the perfect balance between the two and why I like watching it

18 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Tears that someone compared moving from Ireland to the UK to being a refugee. Incredible stuff. My dad is in a similar situation, he’s an immigrant to Marbella, hope he’s doing okay 🥺

I hope he’s surviving those Only Fools repeats and high cholesterol breakfasts. Thoughts and prayers with you 

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Just watched it, it was shit without commentary/studio analysis. 

Pure shite. 

I haven't watched it, and after last night when people might have tuned in out of morbid curiosity, I'll bet the viewing figures will drop like a stone. I guess the Beeb could try to replace Lineker with Richard Littlejohn or Gary Bushell if they are still alive, maybe that would save their ratings.

Just caught up with it. I certainly wouldn't want to see MotD as we know it canned (not that that is going to happen), but I don't mind that format. Efficient way to catch up on all the highlights. 

Crazy that MOTD 2 is only on for 15 minutes tonight - there were 4 matches (plus yesterdays goals), so even without pundits / presenters, you'd expect 40/45 mins minimum. Literally may as well just watch the Sky 3 min YouTube highlights instead.