Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands (Netherlands and Senegal qualify)

Big River

I quite like the BBC pundit line up, ex pros who know the games, female presenters there again for their knowledge not as a token, good looking as well😉, even Dion Dublin isn't too bad, can't wait to see what knuckle dragging retards ITV wheel out, probably Joe Cole who can't even speak English!

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

But his leg was behind 2 Qatar players?  I think.

The ball had already traveled about 25 yards by that point. If that was a genuine mistake by the VAR guy needs sacking.

Edited by Tsunami

8 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Can someone explain the offside? I just can’t see it 

When the Ecuador number 2 wins the header against the goalkeeper, the knee of his teammate (right next to him) is offside. Once the ball has bounced it's that teammate who then heads it back across goal.

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Am i being thick here but it doesnt matter where he is when he heads the ball. Its where he is when the cross goes into the box and he was about 20 yards onside :lol:

There are 2 Ecuador players within that yellow circle. One winning the header, the other offside, he's then the next player to touch the ball.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Am i being thick here but it doesnt matter where he is when he heads the ball. Its where he is when the cross goes into the box and he was about 20 yards onside :lol:

There's actually 2 Ecuadorians and 2 Qataris inside the yellow circle ?

Swapped teles upstairs to downstairs so can't rewind and review.

1 minute ago, madras said:

But that player wasn't offside when the cross was played in and he can't be offside when he himself plays it. I'm sure it's given against Sevilla.......I mean Valencia, easy mistake.

See above. Two players there.

Just now, madras said:

There's actually 2 Ecuadorians and 2 Qataris inside the yellow circle ?

Swapped teles upstairs to downstairs so can't rewind and review.

Yes. There's a player jumping, he wins the header. The legs are a different player. He's the next player to touch the ball.

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

There are 2 Ecuador players within that yellow circle. One winning the header, the other offside, he's then the next player to touch the ball.

Fair enough I thought they'd given offside for the players leg being infront of the goalkeeper. Couldn't tell there was 2 Ecuador players in the circle. Thankfully it won't matter at all as Qatar are terrible 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Bloody hell, when the ball is played nobody is remotely offside, there’s nobody offside after that either. That picture still is utterly meaningless.

There is at the moment the Ecuadorian wins the header.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Bloody hell, when the ball is played nobody is remotely offside, there’s nobody offside after that either. That picture still is utterly meaningless.

You’re not understanding. That picture is the moment the ball is won by one Ecuador player. Offside is when the another Ecuador player touches the ball next. That’s his leg in an offside position in the pic. Again, two players in the picture all though it looks like one.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Hosts being crap was one of the many things that made 2010 rubbish. Gonna need some surrogates to perform the Ghana role for the Middle East. Maybe Morocco.

That Tshabalala goal in the opener though. And South Africa ended up on 4 points…I wouldn’t be surprised if Qatar went goalless in this group.

Edited by Tomato Deuce