Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Feel like Poland are just like Austria in that they usually stink out tournaments with negative football.

The Swiss used to be similar but been involved in some good games in recent tournaments

Switzerland being crap at tournaments has been a myth since about 2014 onwards. Generally have some entertaining high scoring games and at least one Shaqiri wonder goal in them.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You can go back to Euro 2008 for crazy entertaining games involving Switzerland.

Despite beating Spain in the first game they were really boring in 2010. Scored 1 goal, conceded 1 goal, back on the plane home

43 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Poland is a shit sandwich. One good goalie, one good striker, absolute dross in between. 

Nah, it’s a decent squad for a smaller footballing nation. Just negatively set up and many key players getting older.

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

TIL less people are born in Poland than I thought. 

I kept thinking that calling Poland a smaller footballing nation wasn’t right but meant that they are nowhere near the level of the European footballing giants (France, Germany, England, Italy, Holland etc.)

Was just in Poland for the past weekend and most people I talked with said the squad is alright but manager is really negative.