Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea (Portugal and South Korea qualify)

Big River

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean it's not like he had time to think it all through, the ball came at him and in that split second he instinctively put his hand out to block it. Something in his subconscious told him the only way to stop it was with the hand and that's what he did.

Personally think it's a bit weird he gets so much stick for that, to me it was no different to any of the professional fouls that you see on a regular basis. It's just because he's a cunt, really.

Yeah maybe. I don’t massively care either way personally mind - he was rightly sent off and a penalty was awarded, but it was definitely cheating. He wouldn’t be the first or last to though and for balance the reaction I agree is a bit weird and maybe a bit patronising to Ghana. There’s other things he’s done that should spark more outrage. 

I cannot see how it’s cheating like, it’s completely within the rules. The correct punishment was dished out, Uruguay weren’t awarded anything they shouldn’t have been.

The hand of god was cheating as your not allowed to score with your hand, it should have been a free kick but Maradonna got away with pretending he got it with his head.

I've been generally shocked at the quality of commentary all-round. How can they go live not knowing the permutations of the results?

Not just the co-commentators, either, it's maddening. Your job is to inform the viewer of what's going on :lol:.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've been generally shocked at the quality of commentary all-round. How can they go live not knowing the permutations of the results?

Not just the co-commentators, either, it's maddening. Your job is to inform the viewer of what's going on :lol:.

Hate it when they spout the old “get your calculators out bollocks”

don’t mind it when they explain qualifying via the least yellows route like the other night - as that can get a bit complicated