Title - o - metre  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

Reet lads, no more relegation-o-meter, it's top half for us this year.

We needed somewhere to track our progress, talk about our rivals in the potential top half mini league etc.

I've opened with a poll and I've added the options of 12th and 6th for the more fruitier posters.

We've started off with 3 points where as our potential rivals have had varying success in the opening weekend;

West Ham LOST (fair enough)

Villa LOST (look shite)

Brighton WON (look good again)

Wolves LOST (could go either way)

Palace LOST (tough start for them)

Leicester DREW (could go either way)

Obviously signings may change the outlook but I thought we needed somewhere were we can talk about where we are in the league and what our chances are of getting that coveted 7th place and a dabble in Europe.

I went 7th, in the hope that West Ham or Man Utd slip up and leave a gap. Top 5 is settled IMO.

I genuinely think it's West Ham, Man Utd and Us for 6th, 7th and 8th.

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

All very premature this talk I’d say. We’re heavily reliant on our best performers staying injury-free. I don’t think we have the squad depth yet to finish top 8 or above.

That's a fair viewpoint. Who finishes above us?

Went 9th because I still think our lack of quality upfront will show and usually Eddie’s teams slow down towards the end of the season. I worry teams might figure us out a little bit, but it’s difficult to predict as we haven’t had a full season with Eddie yet.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Went 9th because I still think our lack of quality upfront will show and usually Eddie’s teams slow down towards the end of the season. I worry teams might figure us out a little bit, but it’s difficult to predict as we haven’t had a full season with Eddie yet.

I'm not arguing against but which other side do you think would finish above us and if we sign a striker, where would you put us?

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

All very premature this talk I’d say. We’re heavily reliant on our best performers staying injury-free. I don’t think we have the squad depth yet to finish top 8 or above.

Aye that bench yesterday showed our depth is still piss poor like

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Right now I'd say 8-10th. If we sign a couple of forwads I'd say 6th. But didn't one of the clique already open a similar thread?

We traditionally have an "o-meter" thread and I want somewhere were we can specifically talk about where we are in the league and the clubs around us.

Just now, STM said:

I'm not arguing against but which other side do you think would finish above us and if we sign a striker, where would you put us?

I don’t know really. There are so many variables. Especially with the World Cup, though that might actually benefit us. We’re still very early in the season, we still don’t really know exactly how good Eddie is and how much he has rectified his own weaknesses. We showed great intensity yesterday, how long can we keep that up? The transfer window still hasn’t closed yet, not just for us but obviously those teams were competing with.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

West Ham, Man United and Leicester. I think Villa will actually come good for large parts this season as well.

My feelings would change if we brought in a player of Maddison’s quality and profile.

Villa won't come good under Gerrard but they might sack him, if they do then they could certainly do ok.

Leicester are similarly in a bad place but have a good coach and some really good players, it's hard to say what might happen with them.

As it stands right now, we have a slight chance of 7th if we can get 30-32+ games out of both Wilson and ASM. But going off the history, they will get injured at some point, especially Wilson. It hinges on that stipulation atm, sign a quality attacker or a Maddison and our chances improve.

I think our form will continue from last season, so I've gone for 6th.

We'll struggle against the top five clubs, but I don't fear the rest, home or away. You get the same number of points for beating the bottom club as the top one, so I fancy us to get a decent haul. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As it stands right now, we have a slight chance of 7th if we can get 30-32+ games out of both Wilson and ASM. But going off the history, they will get injured at some point, especially Wilson. It hinges on that stipulation atm, sign a quality attacker or a Maddison and our chances improve.

Here’s hoping a 6 week break for the world cup helps in that respect 

Loving the positivity and remember don't allow other fans to make you feel like you can't be positive and optimistic by calling you "deluded".

We are talking about 6th and 7th here, not winning the CL.