Title - o - metre  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

Just a thought - of those that figured for us yesterday, how many are going to the World Cup? Bruno, Schar, Trippier, probably Pope. 

Not that many, compared with the top clubs. Getting that mid-season break should give us an advantage.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Just a thought - of those that figured for us yesterday, how many are going to the World Cup? Bruno, Schar, Trippier, probably Pope. 

Not that many, compared with the top clubs. Getting that mid-season break should give us an advantage.

I'm fairly certain they will have a Saudi trip pencilled in.

We should be looking to the possibility of any of those players getting injured or coming back fatigued. Pope and Trippier won't start, so they should be OK.

Botman might go but probably won't start either.

26 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Interesting question though how many players do we have that would get in Manchester United’s team?

Trippier, Schar, Burn, , Botman, Bruno, Joelinton?

Howe. Not a player but probably more significant.

9th as we stand currently. We're still 2 or 3 players short of 6th or 7th - which is fine. Not going to spit the dummy if the players we need don't arrive this summer but the priorities are glaringly obvious and the Maddison bids suggest substantial cash is still there to get 1 or 2 of them. We're in a very good position here and we're almost a very good team, it'll 100% happen, it's 'when' not 'if' :)

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

8th assuming we are done with signings and (big if) we get 30 games out of Wilson.

That's the big IF really. If he stays fit we could do amazing things. IF

Back in the day I remember watching some daft programme called IF and being really impressed. It was called IF.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Interesting question though how many players do we have that would get in Manchester United’s team?

Trippier, Schar, Burn, Botman, Bruno, Joelinton?

Too early to tell with Botman, but I don't think either Schar or Burn gets into their team. Bruno & Joelinton walks into their midfield though. Trippier at RB probably starts ahead of Dalot & Bissaka. 

Just now, Conjo said:

Too early to tell with Botman, but I don't think either Schar or Burn gets into their team. Bruno & Joelinton walks into their midfield though. Trippier at RB probably starts ahead of Dalot & Bissaka. 

On current form, Burn and Schar 100% get in ahead of Maguire like.

Just now, 54 said:

On current form, Burn and Schar 100% get in ahead of Maguire like.

If "current form" means 1 match then you're probably right. Otherwise I don't think they would tbh. Varane & Lindelöf would be ahead of them too. Too early to tell with their new Argentinian mini-Cannavaro.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Trippier, Schar, Burn, , Botman, Bruno, Joelinton?

Wilson

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

If "current form" means 1 match then you're probably right. Otherwise I don't think they would tbh. Varane & Lindelöf would be ahead of them too. Too early to tell with their new Argentinian mini-Cannavaro.

Even if you go beyond 1 match I've no idea how you pick Lindelof 

Varane I get due to his achievements and ability however he's been bang average for Man-U 

As a pairing I wouldn't take any of the Man-U lot over ours 

I think we finished 3rd on the form table if we look at only the 20 last games of last season. Might be off one or two places, can't recall exactly. Either way, that was with a squad worse than this one. If we maintain that momentum and add to it, why shouldn't we be able to replicate some, if not all of, that form? I think we'll be in the pack chasing 6th to 8th. Think Man City, Liverpool are nailed on for 1-2, then Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea will duke it out for 3-5. But 6-8? That race is wide open.

Solid top 8 would be very good progress. Will do the poll once the transfer has closed and we have 10 games under our belt. A lot can change between now and the end of the window.

Certainly think we need another striker to make top 8 so lets see. 

Edited by Dan Gleebals