Title - o - metre  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

We need at home 10 more wins & no more draws (30 points to go)

We need away from home 6 more wins & 1 more draw (19 points to go)

2 points off the pace.

Nottingham Forest (H)- 3 points required - 3 points won (On track for 60 points)

Brighton (A) - 0 points required - 1 point won (On track for 61 points)

Manchester City (H) - 0 points required - 1 point won (On track for 62 points)

Wolves (A) - 0 points required - 1 point won (On track for 62 points)

Liverpool (A) - 0 points required - 0 points won (On track for 62 points)

Crystal Palace (H) - 3 points required - 1 point won (On track for 60 points)

Bournemouth (H) - 3 points required - 1 point won (On track for 58 points)

Fulham (A) - 3 points required - 3 points won (On track for 58 points)

Brentford (H) - 3 points required

Manchester United (A) - 0 points required

Everton (H) - 3 points required

Spurs (A) - 0 points required

Aston Villa (H) - 3 points required

Southampton (A) - 3 points required

Chelsea (H) - 0 points required

Leicester (A) - 0 points required

Leeds (H) - 3 points required

Arsenal (A) - 0 points required

Fulham (H) - 3 points required

Crystal Palace (A) - 0 points required (originally 1 point required)

West Ham (H) - 3 points required (originally 1 point)

Bournemouth (A) - 3 points required

Liverpool (H) - 0 points required

Brighton (H) - 3 points required

Man City (A) - 0 points required

Wolves (H) - 3 points required

Nottingham Forest (A) - 3 points required

Manchester United (H) - 0 points required (originally 1 point required)

Brentford (A) - 1 point required

Aston Villa (A) - 3 points required

Spurs (H) - 0 points required

Everton (A) - 3 points required

Southampton (H) - 3 points required

Arsenal (H) - 0 points required

Leeds (A) - 3 points required

Leicester (H) - 3 points required (was 1 point)

Chelsea (A) - 0 points required

West Ham (A) - 0 points required

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Im just gonna relax and enjoy game by game and not thinking too far ahead. Towards the end of the season I might think differently. So much can and probably will happen between now and the end of the season, both ups and downs. A run of wins or a run of losses can change so much over a few games table wise. 

While I'm always looking at the table. I'm fairly relaxed about it.

Let's keep ourselves within a shout of 7th with 10 games to go. Perhaps get someone decent in January to give us a boost and see what happens.

Currently on 1.37 PPG, with a target of 1.5 being optimal for a shot at 7th position.

We do have a set of favourable fixtures on the horizon, with even Man United and Spurs away not looking daunting.

That's the thing. Full strength and i genuinely believe we can give any top team in the division a game.

Plus, you just know that we will go back to the market in Jan for that extra player or 2 that can help push for Europe. 

It's just such a joy compared to the last 14 bastard years haha.

44 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's keep ourselves within a shout of 7th with 10 games to go. Perhaps get someone decent in January to give us a boost and see what happens.

I'm desperate to see Newcastle back in Europe but yeah. As long as we're progressing it's a bit of a free hit in terms of the league season imo. We're still transitioning from Mike Ashley FC so it's not going to happen all at once. There's so much of the next era still to bed in. 

Stay hard to beat, stay within touching distance of the European spots, have a serious go at the cups and a continuation of the recruitment drive. That's what should define this season. 

Liverpool +1 or +3 depending on how radge we want to be about VAR and whistle and +2 versus Palace due to VAR. So that’s +3 or +5 total out of clear and obvious fuck ups. 

Insane to me that 5 of our 8 goals conceded are vs City and Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Liverpool +1 or +3 depending on how radge we want to be about VAR and whistle and +2 versus Palace due to VAR. So that’s +3 or +5 total out of clear and obvious fuck ups. 

Insane to me that 5 of our 8 goals conceded are vs City and Liverpool. 

Still just City, Spurs and Liverpool that have scored 2 or more against us this year is it?

5 hours ago, STM said:

See even though you are claiming to be relaxed about it, you still have that 7th spot gnawing away at the back of your mind. There's a reason for it, the sort of teams who are competing for it are in our sights, and we should be able to challenge them for it.

I’m thinking about fourth. With kind results we could be in the top four next weekend and if, come January, we are within touching distance the club might just be tempted to spend to accelerate our development. Pipe dream, obviously, but hey

4 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

I’m thinking about fourth. With kind results we could be in the top four next weekend and if, come January, we are within touching distance the club might just be tempted to spend to accelerate our development. Pipe dream, obviously, but hey

Well it's up for grabs tbh. We are just missing a couple of players to our first team for it to be viable.  A winger and a DM. Get them, everyone stays fit it is possible but I doubt that will happen.

What do we need for 7th to be a European spot, 2 top 5 teams to win both domestic cups or Europa League? Is 6th automatically the conference league or is there no place in the league for that? 

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

What do we need for 7th to be a European spot, 2 top 5 teams to win both domestic cups or Europa League? Is 6th automatically the conference league or is there no place in the league for that? 

Correct. League Cup winner gets Conference League, FA Cup gets Europa League. If teams inside the top 6 win either or both, the relevant European spots move down a League position. The last time a team outside the top 6 won any of the cups was 2012-13, Wigan won the FA Cup and Swansea won the League Cup that year.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Yeah I just checked it out on the PL website. So the top 5 is Euro spots as normal. 6th and 7th becomes Euro spots if a top 5 team wins both cups. Europa League doesn't offer another spot if a team already in a European spot wins it. 

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Correct. League Cup winner gets Conference League, FA Cup gets Europa League. If teams inside the top 6 win either or both, the relevant European spots move down a League position. The last time a team outside the top 6 won any of the cups was 2012-13, Wigan won the FA Cup and Swansea won the League Cup that year.

If our teams do well in Europe this year extra places are handed out this season?

Was that going to be a thing or not yet?

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

If our teams do well in Europe this year extra places are handed out this season?

Was that going to be a thing or not yet?

Next season, for spots in the 2024/25 European competitions. Think 5th might be a Champions League spot which should be a great target for us next season. 

Pretty sure I'm a bit out of touch with this tbh. I get why 7th is seen as a huge achievement for us as it represents major progress but I don't see it as the be all and end all. I'm going to be really really patient with this whole thing and I know it'll take a few wobbly years to overhaul the squad so we aren't playing substandard players and we can deal with a few injuries to key players, it'll take more than 2 or 3 windows and I'm more than happy to wait and enjoy the process. 

We're playing good football, creating chances, look solid defensively, look fit and enthusiastic and have a good set of lads. I'm proud to have Howe in the dugout and we seem to be getting our shit in a pile off the park too. It'll take time and I'm more than happy to give them all as much as they need. 

This WILL happen. Enjoy it and try not to dwell on any bumps in the road gentlemen :)

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

567 are up for grabs, and our conference/ belief is big. A food injury freeish run could see us challenging on the early side

:lol: POTY

Edited by Klaus