The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

Just now, Caleb70 said:

Got to play better in second half. Couple of changes needed. 

Very similar to the games leading up to the World Cup. Just square passing between the defenders, alienates our forwards. Henderson sitting on top of Saka for some reason. 

just give Foden the ball and let him run at them, keep Kane higher up the pitch 

Don’t get the criticism I think we’ve played well since going behind. I don’t think we’ve got anyone sat on the bench that you could bank on changing the game. 

Saka needs to be braver. He seems to play it safe to often when he’s got a full back isolated. 

Thank fuck for that.  Time for more caffeine - the perfect antidote to Southgate’s brand of football

Honestly, if it was a ruddy-cheeked PFM playing this shite everyone would be up in arms

He’s got to get Henderson off and some attacking intent on.  They need to stop standing off the ball and start pressing France into mistakes.  They’re taking far too long to move the ball, and they’re not moving themselves.  Saka needs to learn that running at four defenders who are stood in front of you is unlikely to reap rewards.  And if Harry Kane wants to be a midfielder, then he needs to put an actual centre forward on. 

Really frustrating half. Lot of huff and puff but France look better and might be winning even without the ref's help. They've been content to sit on their lead but if they are required to force the issue they look like they've got the quality to overawe us.

Not confident at all now really, but no shame on the England lads here. 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Thought the ref was alright and consistant. Much rather watch a game reffed like this than the Spanish clown show yesterday.

Consistently shite isn't really a positive to me like.

Think both teams have threatened in spells and one moment of quality has made the difference. The problem for me is that we're giving them far too much time and space in the final third.

We can score here, but I do fear for us as the game stretches.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Those are some serious rose tinted glasses. 

They've literally done nothing other than there one pot shot, I'm not saying we've had many chances ourself, but we've edged it.