World Cup Final: Argentina 3-3 France (4-2 pens) - Argentina are world champions

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Thought the ref was good too

He was excellent.

So many times players went over with slight contact, trying to buy cheap free kicks. Ref just wasn't having it.

Contributed massively to how good that game was.

Lloris was an absolute hologram there. Can't remember quite as an ineffective pel shootout Goalkeeping display since De Gea in the Europa Final. Complete mystery why he chose to weakly flop the wrong way for every pen, where if he'd just stood up and reacted, he'd have saved at least two.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

Congratulations to Argentina and it’s people that suffers so much! 

Just asked my father if he 35 years ago imagined ever sitting watching a World Cup final with his three sons and all supporting Argentina. Four Brazilians passionate about the sport, with the heart rate at above max. I’ve never felt like this during a sports game that doesn’t involve my teams. And that is the beauty of Messi, one of the greatest athletes of all time but also one of the most humble, somone you want to win despite his ass teammates! 

Lastly, I’m not Mbappe’s fan, in fact I have almost despised him, but tonight I realized I can’t make the same mistake I did with Cristiano Ronaldo. This guy is going to go down as one of the greats, what he’s achieved in World Cup football at his age is something we haven’t seen since Pele!