League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Newcastle vs Leicester

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

Leicester (a). Leeds (h). Arsenal (a) 

Sheff Wed (a) in FA Cup. 

Leciester (h) in League Cup. 

Fulham (h). Palace (a).  

^^^ all within 1 month. Massive month ahead.  

That’s why I think EH is being super careful with Isak. Massive month on all three fronts and too many games you’d think for Wilson alone.

34 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Leicester is going to be a tough game but we can definitely win it.

We're 3rd in the league and have only lost to Liverpool with one of the most bent refereeing displays you'll ever see. We can beat anyone and should fear no one.

We are no longer Ashley's team.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

9 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

We're 3rd in the league and have only lost to Liverpool with one of the most bent refereeing displays you'll ever see. We can beat anyone and should fear no one.

We are no longer Ashley's team.

Well said. Not his team; we are Newcastle United… ah shit, does that make anyone else anxious again? 

Was at the 76 Final, we were unlucky.

When City lifted the Cup, all you could hear was the Blaydon Races booming out from the massed ranks of the Geordies.......

After the game I was boozing down Victoria Station, the City supporters were in awe of our support, and one admitted he had tears hearing the Geordie anthem being belted out

Dennis Tuert King of all Geordies, the City support sang.

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Having to beat 5 Premier League clubs to win it could have been easier mind, but getting home draws has been massive I agree.

Could be more lower league clubs, but aside from a handful of teams I feel like it’s more important we’re home than who the opposition are.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I might be wrong, but didn't our cup games used to always be on a Wednesday night? Wonder if we've specifically requested that change.

If it's televised then it's upto the broadcaster. Obvs in agreement with the FA, PL & EFL

23 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

Was at the 76 Final, we were unlucky.

When City lifted the Cup, all you could hear was the Blaydon Races booming out from the massed ranks of the Geordies.......

After the game I was boozing down Victoria Station, the City supporters were in awe of our support, and one admitted he had tears hearing the Geordie anthem being belted out

Dennis Tuert King of all Geordies, the City support sang.

Destroyed by true Geordie king, Keegan, in previous cup final, destroyed by actual Geordie in next. Flash forward twenty years and one of the final nails in league champions campaign hammered in by another Geordie, Fenton, at Blackburn. Boo! To the fickle finger of fate. 

10 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I might be wrong, but didn't our cup games used to always be on a Wednesday night? Wonder if we've specifically requested that change.

Yes and especially if we are playing Saturday evening, then Wednesday should be thr day we play this. But I read on .com that another strike may have had a hand in the date for this game before it was announced.