The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Think we'll bounce back well from the game tbh. We lost to a better team but still could've won despite not playing particularly well. The squad will still be confident.

Still think we'll get top 4 and my opinion of that hasn't been swayed by the last week

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’ve said I forgot the willock one. The penalty shout wasn’t a penalty, it was basically a shot from distance easily blocked. The point at no point did we deserve to win the game. Silly to say otherwise 

I would agree we didn't play particularly well at times and I think they were very good. But here's the top 5 chances of the game by xG:

1. Odegaard at the end of the half

2. Schar's header

3. Saka's one on one

4. Isak off the post

5. Willock's first half chance

To say they could have scored four or five is extreme (though sure, they could have had they been both extraordinarily clinical and fortunate), but to completely ignore our chances like we were never in the game is an incredibly negative view of what we just watched.

Some of our fans are starting to remind me of our players out there today. One setback knocked them completely off their game and we're seeing the same in here. In actual fact, little has changed. If we do what we are more than capable of doing, we will be in the Champions League next year. 

On the other hand, if the team loses the mental edge and starts to play scared, we won't. But there's nothing to indicate that will happen against sides like Leeds, Leicester, Chelsea, or even Brighton. 

If we want the players to be calm, we need to do the same as supporters.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I would agree we didn't play particularly well at times and I think they were very good. But here's the top 5 chances of the game by xG:

1. Odegaard at the end of the half

2. Schar's header

3. Saka's one on one

4. Isak off the post

5. Willock's first half chance

To say they could have scored four or five is extreme (though sure, they could have had they been both extraordinarily clinical and fortunate), but to completely ignore our chances like we were never in the game is an incredibly negative view of what we just watched.

Fairly surely martinelli had a one on one in first half. 

martinelli off the bar in 2nd half too? 

so if it wasn’t for pope (granted it’s what he’s there for) the goal, saka, martinelli 1 on 1s and odegaard on stroke of half time could have saw arsenal score 4 in first half. Odegaard brought out another great save from pope just after martinelli’s 1 on 1

Edited by gdm

The good news is we go to Leeds and fucking murder them.

Then everyone gets to go back to saying James Maddison isn't good enough for us etc.

I think it's more than fair for our fans to be worried. It's been ingrained in us for decades. Just like the mentality of the players takes time to change, it will for us too. 

I was hoping this game with be the 1pt of our 7pts needed. Womp. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Fairly surely martinelli had a one on one in first half. 

martinelli off the bar in 2nd half too? 

Per xG both of those chances were half as good as Willock's and also not as good as Murphy's off the post. And Willock's 2nd half chance that Xhaka made an excellent block on was essentially equal to the Martinelli off the bar chance. 

Football at this time of year is far too chaotic to know anything for sure. Not even pessimism really, we should be confident and I am, but I think those odds against and 96% chance charts have got to people's heads a bit, it's nowhere near a forgone conclusion 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Per xG both of those chances were half as good as Willock's and also not as good as Murphy's off the post. And Willock's 2nd half chance that Xhaka made an excellent block on was essentially equal to the Martinelli off the bar chance. 

Fair enough

What's wrong with people being different anyway? Some people are cautious some are optimistic generally and especially in football.

It doesn't make you a top fan one way or other and the same people at different times have been on both sides

The idea of fans having their doubts isn't the new thing so much as people reacting to this long established part of being a fan.

It goes with the territory, part of what makes it what it is and probably preferrable to the existence of a Man City fan.

People had nerves and doubts in the best season we've ever seen (95/96), that's not negativty and it didn't effect support levels, on the contrary probably as a release, and that's irrespective of how it panned out, was completely justifiable to be that close to something and not feel how you did in earlier in the season.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Football at this time of year is far to chaotic to know anything for sure. Not even pessimism really, we should be confident and I am, but I think those odds against and 96% chance charts have got to people's heads a bit, it's nowhere near a forgone conclusion 

This is it for me. Those stats are bollocks at the end of the day. Football is far too random.

And as much as our form has been brilliant recently, we have also had bad runs this season. So getting only 4-5 points from the last four is perfectly possible. 

I still think we need Liverpool to fuck up one of the next two for me to be confident.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Man Utd have Fulham, Wolves and Chelsea at home and Bournemouth away.

We have Leeds, Leicester and Chelsea. Could do this all day.:thup: