The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

The club didn’t want to go for top 4. FFP, no value in the market etc.  

I personally don’t agree with that strategy.  FFP will be an issue for us until we are in the CL. If we are in position to capitalise with 19 games to go, we must go for it. I still believe we have a weaker squad now than at the start of the window.  

I don’t think we have the quality to finish top 4 which is fine. Would be happy with any type of European football. 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I just don’t see where the goals are coming from. There’s literally not one player who I can see getting a decent amount between now and the end of the season. 

Relying on Wilson, Isak and ASM to really turn up.  Someone needs to hit a purple patch. 

Liverpool played with what, 5/6 attackers today. All of them would play a lot for us. They didn’t play well but they do have serious quality.  

Just now, GWN said:

Look fuck off being be negative man. Spoilt fuckers, top 7 is incredible progress from where we were. It's been a wonderful turnaround of the club. Just be happy and enjoy it ok. 

It’s not as simple as that though. I’ve said this before - the few top quality players we have are better than being happy with 7th. They want CL football or at least a club desperately trying to achieve it.

13 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

FFP coupled with clubs quoting us ridiculous fees most likely. 

Chelsea (Todd Boehly) and Man City says Hi!:hello:

Who cares, football is broken anyway. As someone states below FFP is going to be a problem anyway unless we break top 4. 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Look fuck off being be negative man. Spoilt fuckers, top 7 is incredible progress from where we were. It's been a wonderful turnaround of the club. Just be happy and enjoy it ok. 

Not sure we are guaranteed a top 7 finish either btw, it’s really tight and Liverpool are right back in the mix.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s not as simple as that though. I’ve said this before - the few top quality players we have are better than being happy with 7th. They want CL football or at least a club desperately trying to achieve it.

Agree with this.

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Looking at the squad, we’re massively overachieving as it is, but I’m a bit concerned we’ll slip out of the top 6 entirely. 

Aye. 

We had such an opportunity man.  Just 2 quality players would’ve made so much difference. We needed to keep our momentum.  

It’s not over like but I always knew momentum was doing a lot for us and without genuine quality additions we would eventually go back to mean. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure we are guaranteed a top 7 finish either btw, it’s really tight and Liverpool are right back in the mix.

Liverpool looked really dodgy today going against ten men.

Spurs continue to look really dodgy too and are capable of losing to anyone still.

Chelsea are reaching incredible levels of ineptitude.

Bruno will come back in, and the likes of Grodon and Isak will continue going from strength to strength to contribute to what we've done already.

Going to be a very eventful and entertaining run up till the end now, and I love our chances.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Do you really think players that signed a year ago or less, for a team that was still worrying about relegation a year go, are going to look at this one transfer window/second half of the season and want out? Feels hyperbolic, to say the least.

And I say this as someone that was disappointed with the January window and felt we left a fantastic opportunity on the table by not looking for an extra quality player or two to keep momentum going.

I know we should be, but I'm not all that arsed like. Wherever we finish now is an absolute bonus. Honestly don't see a lot of the teams around us doing better than us, excluding a 3 horse race for the title.

Edited by Heron

Our form is on a downward curve but then I remember Chelsea just lost at home to Southampton and Brighton just lost at home to Fulham, whilst Spurs got absolutely battered last week against Leicester. Liverpool are improving apparently but they've had a few false stars so far. 

We need to start finding the back of the net like. Even today we maddeningly missed at least three gilt-edged chances. 

Get through the cup final and City (a) and the fixture list doesn't look too shabby. Anything can happen.

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Liverpool looked really dodgy today going against ten men.

They did. And they beat the team in 4th 2-0 away from home. 

They are very fallible defensively for sure. And they will surely continue to drop points. But also, with players getting fit they’ll be better than before and they should become better in front of goal.