The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Eugh wish Liverpool would go away with Arsenal (h) Leeds (a) Brighton (h) Leicester (h) up coming.

I know I'm being a fanny because i haven't done the maths but i want it deeply now 

2 wins nails it Leeds is a must 

Edited by astraguy

2 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Is there still an advantage to finishing 3rd rather than 4th concerning the Champions League?

Does 3rd guarantee it, and 4th require a qualification play off first?

£2m in prize money to throw on the FFP pile

I think the thing that is making me a little nervous is Liverpool have two very winnable home games before we next play. If it’s down to 3 points before we play Arsenal, then pressure is a funny thing.

Hopefully it’s just a case of us all being a massive bunch of fannies. 

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I think the thing that is making me a little nervous is Liverpool have two very winnable home games before we next play. If it’s down to 3 points before we play Arsenal, then pressure is a funny thing.

Hopefully it’s just a case of us all being a massive bunch of fannies. 

It's just human nature. :lol: I said midweek that if we beat Villa it's over. We've beaten Villa, and I don't think it's over. :lol:

That's with us regularly being in the Champions League since I've supported the club. I can't imagine the pessimism I'd have after suffering through Pardew, Bruce and Ashley.

Edited by Froggy

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Eugh wish Liverpool would go away with Arsenal (h) Leeds (a) Brighton (h) Leicester (h) up coming.

I know I'm being a fanny because i haven't done the maths but i want it deeply now 

2 wins nails it Leeds is a must 

In all fairness they should have - with out var they were dropping points in West Ham and spurs game - should have been 4 points lighter.  I’m not one for conspiracy but it’s crazy how var decisions in Liverpool games are every game and only ever go one way.

Liverpool have got away with it re decisions against West Ham and Spurs, that usually catches up with you. Their defence is hardly water tight either. I think they’ll beat Fulham but Brentford isn’t straightforward and they’ve been poor away from home at times and have Leicester and Villa away still. 

I think we’ll be fine but the longer Liverpool hang around it’s natural for people to get nervous. Beat Arsenal and it’s almost done and dusted to be fair. 

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Liverpool have got away with it re decisions against West Ham and Spurs, that usually catches up with you. Their defence is hardly water tight either. I think they’ll beat Fulham but Brentford isn’t straightforward and they’ve been poor away from home at times and have Leicester and Villa away still. 

I think we’ll be fine but the longer Liverpool hang around it’s natural for people to get nervous. Beat Arsenal and it’s almost done and dusted to be fair. 

They play Villa at Anfield. Their two away games are Leicester and Southampton.

I mean, I’m 100% sure they’re going to win every game. The question is simply can we pick up 7 points (ideally in the next 4 games so it doesn’t go to the last day).

Am I right in thinking a win at home to Leicester and away to Leeds, plus a draw anywhere else and its ours? 

I do think Liverpool will win every game till the end of the season, so we need to do our bit. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Am I right in thinking a win at home to Leicester and away to Leeds, plus a draw anywhere else and its ours? 

I do think Liverpool will win every game till the end of the season, so we need to do our bit. 

Yes, 7 points would do it, providing Brighton don’t win every single game (which they 100% won’t - they play City, us and Man Utd).

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Yes, 7 points would do it, providing Brighton don’t win every single game (which they 100% won’t - they play City, us and Man Utd).

Brighton's fixtures:

Man United (h)

Everton (h) 

Arsenal (a)

Newcastle (a)

Southampton (h)

Man City (h)

Villa (a)

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

So basically beat Arsenal & Leeds and we just need a point from the final 3. Would be an amazing position to be in. I can see Liverpool winning all their games, but not massive wins. 11 less on GD, so 6pts could do it on GD if we don't get humped and Liverpool don't do any humping.

I'm still pretty confident Liverpool will drop points. The law of averages says they can't defend that badly for another five games and not drop points. That said they do carry more luck then any other side in the division.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still pretty confident Liverpool will drop points. The law of averaged says they can't defend that badly for another five games and not drop points. That said they do carry more luck then any other side in the division.

They’re going to have to be perfect from now until the end of the season and there’s too many issues in that side not to slip up somewhere.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still pretty confident Liverpool will drop points. The law of averaged says they can't defend that badly for another five games and not drop points. That said they do carry more luck then any other side in the division.

If by luck you mean VAR, then yes, yes they do. 

Some of my best experiences were following Toon in Europe. Zulte Waregem in Gent in 2007 was fantastic. What a day that was. Bruges in 2012 was incredible. We took over the whole square. Local police said there were 12,000 Toon over. 

Absolutely hyped for more European football next season.