The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, STM said:

The only other variable is tactics? Are you saying Sam is going to out think Eddie? [emoji38]

Of course not but at this stage of the season, pressure, luck, nerves all come in to play. We could give 100% and lose to a poor refereeing decision or a set piece.

Basically you are saying if Man City give 100% every game then they win every game in a season.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Of course not but at this stage of the season, pressure, luck, nerves all come in to play. We could give 100% and lose to a poor refereeing decision or a set piece.

Basically you are saying if Man City give 100% every game then they win every game in a season.

Luck and poor refereeing decisions?

Howay man. If we don't make top 4, this isn't the reason why.

I've seem nowt from our performance that suggest pressure and nerves are a factor.

Leeds and Leciester are the two games we need to win to clinch CL football IMO. Both are poor sides, we should be able to make our superiority count in those.

Just now, STM said:

Luck and poor refereeing decisions?

Howay man. If we don't make top 4, this isn't the reason why.

I've seem nowt from our performance that suggest pressure and nerves are a factor.

I’m talking about the Leeds game you said if both sides give 100% then we win, I’m saying that isn’t always how football works. Particularly at this stage of the season.

38 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

I feel many people are taking the away game against Chelsea lightly. Yes, they have been horrible but that can turn around. If they have the day, they certainly have players who can beat us.

So like any Premier League team then?

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So like any Premier League team then?

Obviously it's a bit easier to go into games you need to win against teams with shitter players.

55 minutes ago, gdm said:

If we don’t finish in top 4 will u apologise to people you are calling bedwetters?

isnt the beauty of football that anything can happen? To call people bedwetters coz they aren’t as positive uou is just daft 

Personally no.

I have no issue with people being nervous or a bit glass half-empty. People of all kinds watch football and it'll always provoke different reactions.

There's a difference between being a bit unsure or concerned and the pant-shitting negativity that far too often raises it's head.

If we don't finish in the Champions League spots it's because we've blown an absolutely glorious position when there was absolutely no reason to think that we would. This isn't aimed at you at all, but the more hysterical reactions whenever we drop points or Liverpool gain them is absolutely draining to read when we should be enjoying our best season in decades. It'll also reinforce the idea that the same thing will continue to happen forever, when it quite clearly won't. 

To be fair though that group will still be less annoying than the "missed opportunity" brigade who will be gagging to get stuck into the January window.

Fuck it, I'm leaving the forum is we don't see it through.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Personally no.

I have no issue with people being nervous or a bit glass half-empty. People of all kinds watch football and it'll always provoke different reactions.

There's a difference between being a bit unsure or concerned and the pant-shitting negativity that far too often raises it's head.

If we don't finish in the Champions League spots it's because we've blown an absolutely glorious position when there was absolutely no reason to think that we would. This isn't aimed at you at all, but the more hysterical reactions whenever we drop points or Liverpool gain them is absolutely draining to read when we should be enjoying our best season in decades. It'll also reinforce the idea that the same thing will continue to happen forever, when it quite clearly won't. 

To be fair though that group will still be less annoying than the "missed opportunity" brigade who will be gagging to get stuck into the January window.

Fuck it, I'm leaving the forum is we don't see it through.

It’s just nervousness isn’t it? When it’s so close the thought of letting it slip is too much to bear. Those players deserve CL imo. 

Who would have thought being 3rd would be this stressful [emoji38]

Still think we’ll do it, 4 huge games now and I think 6 points will be enough.  Nerve racking but what a position to be in

Just now, Andy84 said:

Who would have thought being 3rd would be this stressful [emoji38]

Still think we’ll do it, 4 huge games now and I think 6 points will be enough.  Nerve racking but what a position to be in

Amazing isn’t it. Let’s stay United and see it through! :indi:

I just don’t think we’re ‘ready’ to be in the champions league just ye as we need a far better squad. But I’m enjoying how well we’ve played and would love to experience it 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Obviously it's a bit easier to go into games you need to win against teams with shitter players.

Not necessarily. If rather go to Stamford Bridge than Griffin Park or the Vitality Stadium at the moment.

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I just don’t think we’re ‘ready’ to be in the champions league just ye as we need a far better squad. But I’m enjoying how well we’ve played and would love to experience it 

But Champions League means more revenue and is far easier to attract players.

Europa League adds extra games without any of that. I know it's a cliche, and I normally hate this attitude, but EL genuinely be a problem for us at this stage because of how fast we've accelerated from relegation candidates. CL gives us the chance to leapfrog forward.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, ponsaelius said:

But Champions League means more revenue and is far easier to attract players.

Europa League adds extra games without any of that. I know it's a cliche, and I normally hate this attitude, but EL genuinely be a problem for us at this stage because of how fast we've accelerated from relegation. CL gives us the chance to leapfrog.

Agreed. But I just don’t think we’d upset the squad balance right now by signing 6 top quality players that the squad needs to step up again next year 

Will all of the smug fuckers just shut up please. You think you would learn nothing is settled till

it’s settled.

We choked away a key run early in the season and we can definitely do it again so for the love of god stop. 

Man Utd fans will be shitting it tonight but they will get 8 points from their final 4 games. We simply have to beat Leeds next week now or it’s really going to be touch and go for us.

1 minute ago, Ace said:

Will all of the smug fuckers just shut up please. You think you would learn nothing is settled till

it’s settled.

We choked away a key run early in the season and we can definitely do it again so for the love of god stop. 

If only the queen was still around for some guidance.