The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m actually feeling a bit more confident after that game for some reason. Just got to remember 2 draws against Arsenal and Leeds isn’t as good as a loss and a win. 

Got to keep playing positive rather than safe.

I'm quite proud of the performance in some ways. We never shrunk or gave up, we stayed professional and positive. I saw nothing that made me more concerned about the rest of our run in.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'm quite proud of the performance in some ways. We never shrunk or gave up, we stayed professional and positive. I saw nothing that made me more concerned about the rest of our run in.

Yep. Whatever happens, there is no reason at all to think the pressure will get to us. If anything Man Utd are the nervous looking ones.

3 hours ago, Ghp said:

I don’t normally post but some of the reactions are embarrassing. We could easily have won that game, we had the chances just needed a bit of luck. 

Agreed ... we had plenty of good chances to at least draw.

xG from today’s game …

Newcastle 1.37

Arsenal 1.29

32 minutes ago, Slim said:

He did the right thing.  Was not a pen.

100% pen - I've watched reply 100 times and you cannot tell if it hit his knee.  So original decision should have stood.

Fantastic result for us with West Ham winning. 

We have similar games to Man Utd, they have home advantage but we have a 2 point head start plus goal difference. 

Liverpool at best have 2 games to get more points than we can get in 4 games,again with similar games. 

We're still in a great position!

8 minutes ago, duo said:

100% pen - I've watched reply 100 times and you cannot tell if it hit his knee.  So original decision should have stood.

It clearly hits his knee man :lol:

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

It clearly hits his knee man :lol:

You can only see that after it’s slowed down at a certain angle tbf, which I think is the point he’s making. It isn’t a clear and obvious error.

16 minutes ago, duo said:

You can quite clearly see, from every angle, that his shorts move as it hits his knee.

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

You can only see that after it’s slowed down at a certain angle tbf, which I think is the point he’s making. It isn’t a clear and obvious error.

I've yet to see an angle where it is clear

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You can quite clearly see, from every angle, that his shorts move as it hits his knee.

You cannot man :yao: - it took VAR/Ref 5 mins to try and figure it out.  Not a chance that was a clear and obvious error.

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

I think it's about time we accepted this isn't the rule for using VAR now.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

It was from Xmas when Webb took over though after initially drifting away from it quickly when first introduced.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

More likely we need to acknowledge that ‘clear and obvious’ doesn’t mean ‘clear and obvious in one replay’. Clarity increases with more information and in this case more angles = more information.

The only complaint I have about the penalty incident is the inconsistency. Ref got told by var to go to the screen today whereas the incident this week for Liverpool v Fulham the ref didn’t go have a look and VAR went with the refs first decision when clearly it was wrong. Just a lack of consistency.

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i thnk the manu handball was a much worse decision.

clearly moved his arm towards the ball.

The ball hit Lindelofs hand while it was hugging his body, which isn't a pen, but then his hand bonked the ball into his own face ffs :lol: If he hadn't reacted/flinched when the ball hit his hand the first time it wouldn't have been a pen but how on earth you don't give a pen there is beyond me. Has there been any explanation? I wasn't paying attention but in the Norwegian studio I thought I heard they say the ref had blown the whistle to end the half just as it hit him...?

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It was from Xmas when Webb took over though after initially drifting away from it quickly when first introduced.

I know that's what it's meant to be, it's just not how it gets used. 

Love that clip of Shearer going in on them, it's exactly my issue with it. 

I like VAR, assuming it's used to correct blatant errors.  I don't agree with it being used for hairline offsides etc

In my subjective opinion clear and obvious error for offsides should probably be if there's air between the attacker and defender. Like for the famous Isak vs Liverpool goal I don't understand how it is possible even with VAR technology to 100% determine, unless they're filming with with like a 1000fps camera, that the leather on the passers foot touches the ball before Isak is past the Liverpool defender.