The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Love how Leicester are fighting for survival so it's going to be a hard game now yet it's somehow seen as a guaranteed win for Liverpool :lol:

Leicester isn’t the game most people are worried about 

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

We've literally won 8 of our last 11 like, not sure how that is sleepwalking out of the Champions League spots :lol:

Maybe post game dejection speaking but we didn’t look good.

10 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Love how Leicester are fighting for survival so it's going to be a hard game now yet it's somehow seen as a guaranteed win for Liverpool :lol:

I think it's even more mad that people seemingly just completely ignore that Liverpool are a been-there-done-that team in these high pressure situations and it's all new to us.

Suspect this thread will have people in 2 extremes, those that are saying we'll do it, nowt to worry about and we'll win the next games. The same camp that probably thought we'd beat Arsenal and Leeds or at least get 4 points. They'll accuse anyone concerned of bed wetting.

Then on the other side there'll be those that are convinced we've bottled it, that if we can't beat Leeds then we won't get it. Liverpool are going to win every game and we'll not get the 6 points we need.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. We are currently 3rd and regardless of results this weekend will remain 3rd. We have 2 back to back home games we cab win but by no means it's a certainty. 

Just got to keep the faith.

For me, Leeds was the biggest game of our season and we've bottled it.

It's still in our hands, but the Brighton game being a "must win" is concerning. 

Leicester I'm not worried about though, they look finished.

I didn't see that coming, so I'm back down from 10 to 9.5. Eff it, I'll go down to 9 because our midfield is looking much worse and we're making defensive mistakes. We're still in a strong position, with the points and GD on the board.

I reserve the right to reduce my score again, but only after more unfavourable results, not before them. With two games at SJP, the likelihood is that a homer ref will be on our side, not theirs.

There's a saying, "don't count your chickens before they hatch" 

Not that we still aren't in a great position to finish top 4, but the last few weeks of everyone calling anyone suggesting that there's a slight chance we may not finish top 4 (or that Liverpool's form may improve) a bedwetter, brings that saying to mind. 

Yes we should still qualify for the Champions League, and yes it would still be a very good season in comparison to our preseason expectations even if we don't, but it would still be pretty devastating from the position we have got ourselves in a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sure most of the players and management team would feel the same.

I'm on holiday and I'm pissed so apologies if that makes no sense whatsoever [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

15 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

You know the rule. All of our games are tough, all of Liverpool's are straightforward.

14 minutes ago, RS said:

Massively over performed this season. Can see why anyone should shit the bed at this stage. 

We haven't over performed, 100% deserve to be in the position we are right now.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think it's even more mad that people seemingly just completely ignore that Liverpool are a been-there-done-that team in these high pressure situations and it's all new to us.

No pressure in the relegation fight last season?

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The problem with that theory is that Liverpool are scraping wins like the West Ham one where a clear handball was not given. Been there and done it teams might win many tight games, but they do it with superior game management, not anxious looks at the ref and some wild-eyed loon jumping around on the touchline.

I am happy to constantly bring up the fact that Liverpool nearly won a quadruple last season. Courtios single handedly stopped them winning the CL. Thanks to some remarkable regression, they are not that team any more, even with 120M+ on Gakpo and Nunez.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Completely different type of pressure. Down there you're given more rope by other teams, up here the likes of Liverpool when they smell blood aren't going to give you any.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Sean said:

There's a saying, "don't count your chickens before they hatch" 

Not that we still aren't in a great position to finish top 4, but the last few weeks of everyone calling anyone suggesting that there's a slight chance we may not finish top 4 (or that Liverpool's form may improve) a bedwetter, brings that saying to mind. 

Yes we should still qualify for the Champions League, and yes it would still be a very good season in comparison to our preseason expectations, but it would still be pretty devastating from the position we have got ourselves in a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sure most of the players and management team would feel the same.

I'm on holiday and I'm pissed so apologies if that makes no sense whatsoever [emoji38]

I called people bet wetters for their hysterical reactions, flawed logic and revelling in negativity as much as anything else.

I'm debating leaving the forum at the end of the season to be honest. Some top folk post on here and it had a band of brothers feel to it during the Ashley years, but it's genuinely sucking the enjoyment out of supporting us these days.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

shit people expected that Burnley and Watford could rebound and get max points...I think it's ok to be anxious but if we are ECL team quality we need to win against Leicester or Brighton.

9 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

For me, Leeds was the biggest game of our season and we've bottled it.

It's still in our hands, but the Brighton game being a "must win" is concerning. 

Leicester I'm not worried about though, they look finished.

I think that’s a bit unfair really. As shit as Leeds have been they are literally fighting to stay up with a little bounce from Fat Sham. Granted we could’ve been better but I think a few underestimated how tough a match it was.

Still in our hands.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I called people bet wetters for their hysterical reactions, flawed logic and revelling in negativity as much as anything else.

I'm debating leaving the forum at the end of the season to be honest. Some top folk post on here and it had a band of brothers feel to it during the Ashley years, but it's genuinely sucking the enjoyment out of supporting us these days.

Get in the bed wetters you ?

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that’s a bit unfair really. As shit as Leeds have been they are literally fighting to stay up with a little bounce from Fat Sham. Granted we could’ve been better but I think a few underestimated how tough a match it was.

Still in our hands.

It could have been worse! :indi: