The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

4/1 to finish outside the top 4 for the gamblers amongst us

We were 5/1 at start of play yesterday. Be about 7/2 when Liverpool win tomorrow

See how decent villa really are next Saturday....

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

Rafa would be telling us to look at the table, look at the fixtures and it’s a point accumulation. Tie your away games and you win your own. We ALWAYS has 4 matches to get 7 points. What order that’s achieved won’t matter. 

Agreed. But there are still some games which are easier to win than others regardless of the order they are played in. I said even before the Arsenal game that the Leeds and Leicester games were the ones I was pretty confident about. Leeds has gone now, so Brighton at home has to be the other one now after Leicester. They are a better team than Leeds, but they don't have goalscorers, so maybe that should give us confidence of closing that one out. As long as we stop shipping cheap goals.

As for what Liverpool or Man U do, I stopped caring weeks ago. Always thought Liverpool were capable of winning 8 or 9 games in a row. The arguments about VAR favouring the big 6 are immaterial now as well. It was always down to us winning a couple of games out of the last 5, and we have only ourselves to blame if we don't do it.

This Brighton game is the one for the boys to go all in on. Win that and then the place will be bouncing going into that Leicester game where we can guarantee it and the players can celebrate with the home fana what would have been an incredible season. 

Lads just need to dig deep and pull a mega performance out on Thursday. Forget nerves or pressure just go out and enjoy it and remember they are in 3rd currently for a reason. They are a good team and we deserve to finish Top 4. Just gotta get over the line.

21 minutes ago, alexf said:

This Brighton game is the one for the boys to go all in on. Win that and then the place will be bouncing going into that Leicester game where we can guarantee it and the players can celebrate with the home fana what would have been an incredible season. 

Lads just need to dig deep and pull a mega performance out on Thursday. Forget nerves or pressure just go out and enjoy it and remember they are in 3rd currently for a reason. They are a good team and we deserve to finish Top 4. Just gotta get over the line.

:indi:

23 minutes ago, alexf said:

Yep, and fans need to push all negativity out their minds and be 100% behind them all game.

14 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yep, and fans need to push all negativity out their minds and be 100% behind them all game.

Anything special planned from wor Flags?

To be honest, I'd sacrifice any wor Flags display if we can have the fans keeping a consistent atmosphere going for the entire 90+ minutes in the two home matches left.

Roar the lads on, boo and intimidate the fuck of the opposition, make it such an atmosphere that will make our players use every ounce of energy they have in their bodies to get the win needed.

Edited by nufcjb

34 minutes ago, STM said:

I heard a mock funeral with the champions league trophy in the coffin. Giving the remaining budget to Rev Wraith 

3 minutes ago, CFlan said:

I heard a mock funeral with the champions league trophy in the coffin. Giving the remaining budget to Rev Wraith 

No doubt we will bottle the funeral and drop the casket.

Worrying.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Agreed. But there are still some games which are easier to win than others regardless of the order they are played in. I said even before the Arsenal game that the Leeds and Leicester games were the ones I was pretty confident about. Leeds has gone now, so Brighton at home has to be the other one now after Leicester. They are a better team than Leeds, but they don't have goalscorers, so maybe that should give us confidence of closing that one out. As long as we stop shipping cheap goals.

As for what Liverpool or Man U do, I stopped caring weeks ago. Always thought Liverpool were capable of winning 8 or 9 games in a row. The arguments about VAR favouring the big 6 are immaterial now as well. It was always down to us winning a couple of games out of the last 5, and we have only ourselves to blame if we don't do it.

Agree on 99% of that except I see it as we will have a missed opportunity rather than blame, there’s no blame to be had after this season. Our squad is nowhere near as deep as the teams around us and to take the fight to 3 games to the end is nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Poor Heron :lol:

Its a compliment really. They do a cracking job of stoking up the atmosphere.

Let's hope this one is extra special.

58 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

To be honest, I'd sacrifice any wor Flags display if we can have the fans keeping a consistent atmosphere going for the entire 90+ minutes in the two home matches left.

Roar the lads on, boo and intimidate the fuck of the opposition, make it such an atmosphere that will make our players use every ounce of energy they have in their bodies to get the win needed.

I'd love a full-on Turkish-style constant booing/whistling the entire time Brighton have the ball.

On 09/05/2023 at 18:20, Yorkie said:

I'm sure it'll have been discussed on here before but why was this? Can barely imagine it now. I'd expect 52k in the building for even a dead rubber EL group stage game against Plovdiv tbh.

High priced tickets, lots of games (stupid 2 group system), ST holders needing to buy all group games in a bundle and it all mainly being on free to view TV.

Also we were used to being in Europe a bit during that period.

Edited by El Prontonise

Making the CL now already would make us much much more likely to challenge for top 4 next season again. It can’t be underestimated how massive the difference would be making it now. I’m still very very happy about the progress we’ve made in such short space of time. Never expected us to be in this position but when we are so close I’m blooody damn desperate for us to make it. It would turbo charge us when it comes to growing as a club in every way possible.

I think some are expecting us to compete for top 4 next season easily even if we don’t make the CL now. Personally I don’t take anything for granted and I might even think it’s gonna be quite difficult next season to be as good and consistent as we have been this season. Even if we sign some quality additions. Especially with EL games added. There could very well be a bit of a hangover plus other teams in the league performing more at their “expected levels” again. Not making it now ‘could’ potentially set us back for years compared to the progress we could potentially have and make if we make the top 4 now. Of course anything can happen either way. And we will try and compete and have ambition no matter what. I don’t want to be greedy but I’m still desperate for us to make it now. The sniff of the CL has made me want it NOW. And dreaming of even greater things much sooner than expected. FFP and the CL would make it so much “easier”. Come on. Let’s do this!!

The next 2 home games should be a celebration of our achievement this year. Bring the noise, make the away team uncomfortable. We’re already winners this season as it is (yes CL would be fantastic for our trajectory) United, onwards and upwards :indi:

2 hours ago, STM said:

Not for Thursday. We'll be using something we haven't used this season is about as much as I can say ;)

2 hours ago, Heron said:

Correct. I will not accept fans accusing this team of 'bottling' anything if they cannot get behind the lads 100% in such a critical game.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Making the CL now already would make us much much more likely to challenge for top 4 next season again.

Definitely. If we're in Europa next season, I doubt we'll make top 4. Probably 5-7th. CL on the other hand will bring a huge financial windfall from direct income and more valuable sponsorship. That's got to be worth at a couple of top class players that would otherwise be out of reach.