The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

624 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

He's saying that "Liverpool and Chelsea will wake up" as an argument for next season being so much harder to get top 4. They might wake up, but then some other teams might go to sleep aswell. Did Simon Jordan think before the season that Liverpool and Chelsea would perform like they have this season? Next year it might be one or two of the other "big 6" performing like that. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United have all had their unexpected downfalls the last 10 years. Every season the argument is made that "but next season every team will perform"! The last 5 years the average requirement for top 4 has been 68 points, this season it might be 71 points! 71 points for 5th place would be the highest in 6 years. This season might actually prove to be more difficult to make top 4 than usual, contrary to the claims that it has been easier due to certain teams underperforming.

Edited by Erikse

Guest reefatoon

This is going to be Villa’s karma moment. All that arsehole behaviour when we went down at their place, they are now going to be the team that confirms our champions league place. Cheers you bunch of fuckers :thup:

I’m pretty sure the Netherlands used to do a play off for their last Champions League spot and UEFA asked them to stop and now they do it for a Europa Conference League spot instead.

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He's saying that "Liverpool and Chelsea will wake up" as an argument for next season being so much harder to get top 4. They might wake up, but then some other teams might go to sleep aswell. Did Simon Jordan think before the season that Liverpool and Chelsea would perform like they have this season? Next year it might be one or two of the other "big 6" performing like that. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United all have had their downfalls the last 10 years. Every season the argument is made that "but next season every team will perform"! The last 5 years the average requirement for top 4 has been 68 points, this season it might be 71 points! This season has actually been more difficult to make top 4 than usual, contrary to the claims that it has been easier due to certain teams underperforming.

Nothing that he has said there is wrong to be fair. No way will Liverpool or Chelsea be as bad next season as they were this season. Spurs seem to be a basket case at the moment and that may carry into next season, but potentially not as well.

Next season will be harder again.

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

This is going to be Villa’s karma moment. All that arsehole behaviour when we went down at their place, they are now going to be the team that confirms our champions league place. Cheers you bunch of fuckers :thup:

Wasn't that when Grealish scored v Brighton to win us the Championship ?

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, madras said:

Wasn't that when Grealish scored v Brighton to win us the Championship ?

This one will be sweeter.

41 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nothing that he has said there is wrong to be fair. No way will Liverpool or Chelsea be as bad next season as they were this season. Spurs seem to be a basket case at the moment and that may carry into next season, but potentially not as well.

We say this almost every season, don't we? What if for example Arsenal and Manchester United drop down again. I don't expect every "big 6" team to perform well every season. Who expected Chelsea and Liverpool to drop down this season? Unexpected things happens. Last season we could've been saying "but next season Arsenal and Man United will get stronger", which they did, but yet we managed top 4. I do think that top 4 will be more difficult because we will play in Europe aswell though, I agree on that part.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Can we stop with this ‘United’ shit please?

I'm from Norway, everyone calls Manchester United "United" here because a large majority supports either Liverpool or Manchester United. Sorry, bad habit. Need to get used to calling them Manchester United.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I'm from Norway, everyone calls Manchester United "United" here because a large majority supports either Liverpool or Manchester United. Sorry, bad habit. Need to get used to calling them Manchester United.[emoji38]

It’s ManUre! [emoji38]

2 hours ago, wiseman said:

Would much rather manchester red then Liverpool finish 4th, Manchester have the financial backing to recover from missing champions league, Liverpool would suffer alot more for it, and are more likely to miss targets for it, and then struggle to recover.

Also if Liverpool miss out Klopp may leave by "mutual" agreement and that would be great to see.

I don't hate Ten Haag as much as Klopp so ManU 4th fir me.

Something I said at the start of the season.... with regards to the "big 6".... there's always 2 clubs in crisis.

When we have only 4/6 qualifying for the CL, that means 2 sides are effectively in crisis, such is the expectation. That means, fans protesting, managers getting sacked, players wanting out, upheaval, pressure and turmoil.

Look at Chelsea and Spurs. Liverpool have managed to stay calm but that's entirely down to Klopp having already won it all, it buys him time.

Look at how much people are now asking about Ten Haag, just because they might miss out. If Arsenal aren't in the top 4 come Xmas next year.... Arteta out will be trending on twitter.

Newcastle are in a fortunate position, in that even if we finished 5th or 6th next year, we would look upon that as understandable given Europe and knowing where we have come from.

I suppose my overall point is.... someone is going to be in crisis next season, its inevitable. 6 into 4 doesn't go and now its 7 into 4.

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Always said Unai Emery is a warrior with a heart of fire who totally isn't threatened by Eddie Howe.

Agreed, never accused Unai of bottling the Newcastle job at all, he was in fact loyal to his club and refused to walk out while they were competing in the CL. Plus any suggestion that he looks like Count Dracula is just fucking pathetic, he's a top bloke and one of the best managers around.

Come on the Villa!

48 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We say this almost every season, don't we? What if for example Arsenal and Manchester United drop down again. I don't expect every "big 6" team to perform well every season. Who expected Chelsea and Liverpool to drop down this season? Unexpected things happens. Last season we could've been saying "but next season Arsenal and Man United will get stronger", which they did, but yet we managed top 4. I do think that top 4 will be more difficult because we will play in Europe aswell though, I agree on that part.

Assuming we get atleast 72 points, that would have been enough to finish top 4 in 7 out of the last 10 seasons. 

47 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Damn hard habit to get rid of.

49 minutes ago, Erikse said:

You have an exemption in Norwegian law to slap these people when they do that.

19 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

I don't hate Ten Haag as much as Klopp so ManU 4th fir me.

Yeah I actually have been impressed with Ten Haag this year, reinstating standards and dropping Ronaldo the way he did took some real courage to do, most managers wouldn't have done it

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I've no problem with it being hard. This season it looked impossible.

2 hours ago, Kazzie said:

Agree with America and reglegation, but they love a qualification tourmanent in post-season, the NFL Playoffs, NBA playoffs, etc.

This is true....post season is used a lot in Australian sports too.