The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

40 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Were they, I thought they were massively against it?

Going by the online presence of fans supportive of it, it was largely Liverpool fans who were for it.

You could argue that they don’t represent the match going fan, however the same would have been seen across the other supporter bases if that was true.

49 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Shit bags. So we’ll get 15.6m, plus presumable 10m for group stages, a lot lower for coefficient (say 5m) and maybe 5m for tv pool. Basically 1 Botman, Gordon or Bruno, plus £10m of gate receipts. Still, that’s £45m more than we’d get for not being involved plus associated commercial bump which is far more important long term with FFP.

The UEFA coefficient portion is awarded based on a ranking of the 32 clubs in the group stage. Each share is worth roughly £1M. The 32nd ranked club gets one share. The first ranked club gets 32 shares. If I'm following this properly (and I might not be because it's kind of insane) our coefficient will be 20% of the country's (England) coefficient from the last 5 year period since that will be higher than our club coefficient. Based on this current season only Maccabi Haifa would have had a lower coefficient, so we're probably looking at only getting a couple million from the coefficient portion. 

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The UEFA coefficient portion is awarded based on a ranking of the 32 clubs in the group stage. Each share is worth roughly £1M. The 32nd ranked club gets one share. The first ranked club gets 32 shares. If I'm following this properly (and I might not be because it's kind of insane) our coefficient will be 20% of the country's (England) coefficient from the last 5 year period since that will be higher than our club coefficient. Based on this current season only Maccabi Haifa would have had a lower coefficient, so we're probably looking at only getting a couple million from the coefficient portion. 

Yes, although if we finish 3rd and not 4th, our TV pool cut increases to around £10m

Hadnt realised how ridiculous the cash split was

It will take years to build up the revenue streams at the club but the important thing is it’s started - and going straight into the CL is the fastest way to grow

10 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

It will take years to build up the revenue streams at the club but the important thing is it’s started - and going straight into the CL is the fastest way to grow

Ideal would be finishing 3rd in group, and then going far in EL

Unless Liverpool toss it off, can't see them not winning the Europa League next season tbh.

Shame, as much as I have dreamt about us being in the CL and going far in it, a final in Dublin would've just been unreal man. :lol:

20 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

We need to sponsor everything, training ground, hell I’d accept “NEOM/Aramco/Saudia @ St James park” if they’re paying, plus small deals like official toilet roll supplier.

Edited by SAK

Just now, kocunar said:

Ideal would be finishing 3rd in group, and then going far in EL

Yeah, assuming we don't do something insane like go on a CL run then finishing 3rd in the group* and going as far as possible in the EL is the most realistic scenario to boost both £ and our coefficient.

'

Spoiler

*assuming we qualify

We are arguably better than Inter or especially Milan, no need to be shy about the UCL campaign. Obviously need a good draw to go far but it's not impossible.

17 minutes ago, Pata said:

We are arguably better than Inter or especially Milan, no need to be shy about the UCL campaign. Obviously need a good draw to go far but it's not impossible.

Yeah, if we qualify I honestly think there are few teams we should be afraid of.

We obviously can’t play any other English side.

After a summer of transfers, who do you really fear? Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and PSG?

Anyone outside of that and I think they are beatable.

5 hours ago, Troll said:

But you're massively watering down the tournament.  It'll basically be Man City, PSG, Bayern, and Barcelona/Real steamrollering a load of teams from smaller leagues.

To clarify, I basically agree, it's more just on principle Champions League should be the champions, never going to happen, and probably a good thing. I do actually like seeing the Bruge of the world do a bit of giant killing now and then in it, but bit of me also thinks, knock out only, only a few, then there would be real bragging rights for winning it. It's definitely a nonsense mind.