The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I absolutely love this place but pre-Brighton there was a collective pant shitting that Liverpool might catch us and now before we’ve qualified we’re looking at what group we might be in? We’ve got to chill a bit man [emoji38]

If Liverpool win tomorrow we’ll be talking each other off the ledge again.

Just decided to watch highlights of Spurs vs Brighton for some reason...holy hell, what they got away with that game is outrageous. From all the chances Brighton missed, to the disallowed goal to the various penalties they should have had (at least 2 were close to nailed on). Then Kane steps up with his one chance. Most outrageous robbery i've seen in a long time, wonder what the XG stats were.

13 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I know, they've been truly shite and have settled into their patch

Really, really enjoyable having them be a complete afterthought for the last few weeks. Where they belong.

Just now, gazza ladra said:

Ridiculous. Going straight down the path of American sports where the regular season means nothing. Don’t do this. it’s a horrible idea. Todd Boehly-level stupidity.

Top 4 works perfect for Champs League. Feels fair imo. Top 4 you deserve it.

Read earlier that Boehly actually believed Chelsea were playing Champions League football every season because they are, well.. Chelsea [emoji38]

Also turned up at the changing room at half time v West Ham with a load of kids as they wanted to meet the players, Tuchel told him to get to fuck. Then he was sacked [emoji38]

Absolutely mental. 

30 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Based on their recent history with the competition how are Real Madrid not in pot number 1?  

Pot 1 is actual champions (league winners of top 7 leagues) plus Europa League winners.

3 hours ago, St1pe said:

I absolutely love this place but pre-Brighton there was a collective pant shitting that Liverpool might catch us and now before we’ve qualified we’re looking at what group we might be in? We’ve got to chill a bit man [emoji38]

Right.  All it takes is a Maddison free kick and a Vardy breakaway and we're looking at having to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. 

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Right.  All it takes is a Maddison free kick and a Vardy breakaway and we're looking at having to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. 

lush. thanks for that.

now i'm shitting myself again.

not really. i think villa get something tomorrow.

8 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Ridiculous. Going straight down the path of American sports where the regular season means nothing. Don’t do this. it’s a horrible idea. Todd Boehly-level stupidity.

We have playoffs in the EFL - how is this any different? 

Edited by duo

51 minutes ago, duo said:

Promotion is the ultimate prize in the EFL. How enticing do you think a Spurs-Liverpool play off for a Conference League spot would be?

10 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Read earlier that Boehly actually believed Chelsea were playing Champions League football every season because they are, well.. Chelsea [emoji38]

Also turned up at the changing room at half time v West Ham with a load of kids as they wanted to meet the players, Tuchel told him to get to fuck. Then he was sacked [emoji38]

Absolutely mental. 

Boehly strikes me as a complete helmet....I can well believe he thought they were simply in the UCL every year....American sports don’t tend to have the concept of qualifying to be in a competition, or relegation, etc.....imagine the look on his face if Chelsea were somehow relegated one season....

1 hour ago, duo said:

Firstly there are only (really) three spots to play for in the Championship, the three teams that go up. The PL has the top four, in addition to two/three places for EL/ECL. Plus there are four extra teams in the Championship. If you just had top three = promoted you'd have a vast number of dead games towards the end of the season.

Now, that's not to say that the PL doesn't have dead games too, but they are less frequent (fewer teams in the league, plus more places to play for) and there is usually plenty of interest within the final few weeks to keep the product marketable without the need for playoffs.