The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I just learned part of the CL payout is based on UEFA coefficient. They really have created a self-perpetuating system in as many ways as possible.

West Ham have basically gotten themselves Europa League level earnings by getting to the Conference final.

5774bf64-26ec-4abe-908e-a3586e870251_223

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I just learned part of the CL payout is based on UEFA coefficient. They really have created a self-perpetuating system in as many ways as possible.

West Ham have basically gotten themselves Europa League level earnings by getting to the Conference final.

Yes, that's why it's important we keep playing any type of European football

19 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Isnt it just the case that the better you perform in a competition the more money you get? ??? 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Isnt it just the case that the better you perform in a competition the more money you get? ??? 

That's the prize money allocation. But 30% of the payment is based on a UEFA coefficient, which takes into account the prior 10 years of European performance.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Liverpool and Spurs both got to the QF yet Liverpool get £8m more due to historically performing better in Europe 

30 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Performance and participation prize money is fair - higher reward for better performance on the field of play.....the other side of it though does rankle a bit, performances over the last 10 seasons???? Plus isn't the TV Pool part also dependant on how much your country's TV companies pay in TV rights? Is does smack of creating an unfair playing field.

23 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Normally I’d say I’d prefer Liverpool over Manure but after them and Spurs were so against our takeover for this exact scenario, fuck them.

Also Liverpool supporters by and large were the ones who were mostly for the Super League.

let’s not forget that they, amongst others, were the one who wanted to take away from us the possibility of qualifying for the Champions League. They wanted it closed, then they wanted it so they would stay in if they didn’t perform well enough, and they settled for the extra 2 places across the top performing leagues.

It’s no surprise that their fans are now parroting a CL place play off.

Honestly man, as if they chance of qualifying via the top 4 league places weren’t enough, you also qualify if you win it. You also qualify if you win the Europa League, and from next season 5th will possibly be enough for a place as well, but no, let’s create a play off system in case that isn’t enough.

I wonder if they would be in favour of such a play off if they were the ones who finished 4th/5th and lost out?

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Also Liverpool supporters by and large were the ones who were mostly for the Super League.

let’s not forget that they, amongst others, were the one who wanted to take away from us the possibility of qualifying for the Champions League. They wanted it closed, then they wanted it so they would stay in if they didn’t perform well enough, and they settled for the extra 2 places across the top performing leagues.

It’s no surprise that their fans are now parroting a CL place play off.

Honestly man, as if they chance of qualifying via the top 4 league places weren’t enough, you also qualify if you win it. You also qualify if you win the Europa League, and from next season 5th will possibly be enough for a place as well, but no, let’s create a play off system in case that isn’t enough.

I wonder if they would be in favour of such a play off if they were the ones who finished 4th/5th and lost out?

Were they, I thought they were massively against it?

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Shit bags. So we’ll get 15.6m, plus presumable 10m for group stages, a lot lower for coefficient (say 5m) and maybe 5m for tv pool. Basically 1 Botman, Gordon or Bruno, plus £10m of gate receipts. Still, that’s £45m more than we’d get for not being involved plus associated commercial bump which is far more important long term with FFP.

7 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Leicester still have 6 points to play for so a maximum of 36 and if Everton and Leeds win on the weekend they will have 35 and 34 points respectively.

I was hoping they would too but I can’t see how it would be possible.

I kinda hope that Leeds and Everton wins still. I think it would be pretty demoralizing for Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Shit bags. So we’ll get 15.6m, plus presumable 10m for group stages, a lot lower for coefficient (say 5m) and maybe 5m for tv pool. Basically 1 Botman, Gordon or Bruno, plus £10m of gate receipts. Still, that’s £45m more than we’d get for not being involved plus associated commercial bump which is far more important long term with FFP.

Plus gates revenue

10 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Were they, I thought they were massively against it?

I remember seeing a report of a survey conducted on how the fans of ESL invitees felt about it. ManCity were least enthusuastic and Liverpool the most. 

Whateve, the great majority of fans of those clubs were dead set against the ESL. Perhaps their opinions would change if, say, Us, Aston, Brighton and Wolves squeezed them all out of CL qualification for a couple of seasons?